Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad trip on weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by natasburger, May 15, 2013.

1. Hey. So, recently I have started smoking weed after taking a year long break from it. The last two times I smoked with friends and had 3-4 hits both times. But this time, I smoked alone and took about 10 hits and completely tripped bad. I heard a wierd noise in my head and when I was walking back to my car it seemed like it took forever when I was parked about 20 feet away. I also started hearing a wierd voice for just a second that said my friends name when I was putting away my weed. I also started narrating my life. When I was walking back to my car. I blinked for a long time alot. Is this normal? I don't think it was fake shit because I smoked a hit of it a week before and was fine. Also, my friend grinded it up for me and took a few hits, so I don't think it was spice or anything like that. Anyways, the trip was fucking scary. One of my friends think that I just smoked way too much and that I have a low tolerance because of taking a year long break from it. So, what happened to me? Should I keep smoking that stuff?

2. Yeah it sounds like you just smoked way too much with a low tolerance

3. this is all part of learning how weed affects you as an individual. Luckily it would appear that its a relatively safe drug/plant whatever you want to call it. Whats really scary is when you totally overdo it on an unmentionable, or even one of the legal smoking substitutes, because you genuinely don't know if itll give you a seizure or make you stop breathing or some shit. Just train your mind to relax and let the weed make you feel high, which is the whole reason you smoked it

4. Weed doesn't make you trip, you just smoked too much on a low tolerance and probably got extremely high.

5. Smoked too much.. You can't die from weed but you can surely get a bad trip. Just take a few hits see how you feel/ If you need a little more, smoke a little more. Remember everything in moderation dude, alot of anything is bad for you.

6. wtf   you dont trip of weed, your acting like its a drug. you get high

7. Man, I can relate.  I had the worst trip ever tonight, second worse as it happened to me once before about 18 years ago.  Anyway, I smoked the better half of a joint tonight cause me and my wife were arguing. (MISTAKE #1)

normally I have a couple of hits.  Feel okay and put the joint down, but tonight I said, you know what?  I'm going to get high.  So I sat down in a park and lit up.  At first, everything was cool, this guy had a dog and I was talking with him about how fast his dog was (It was really fast).

Then I heard a jet go overhead, and I thought goodness that sounds loud, then my heart started beating like I was on speed.  When I stood still, it got worse, so I kept moving and tried to avoid too busy areas, cause then i was having thoughts like, wtf am I gonna do something stupid like run in the middle of the street?  So now I'm avoiding crazy places (Like a freeway overpass) but I get thirsty.  So I think, where can I get some water?  My house is 5 blocks away, but I decide to try it. (Mistake #2)

So I walk in my house and take off my car keys, cause I'm scared I might try to drive.  My wife is so mad at me she doesn't acknowledge me when I tell her I'm sorry.  So now I think it's like the sixth sense and I died on the way back from the park cause the weed stopped my heart.   So I quietly leave, lock the doors then run to starbucks and my heart is a combination of beating fast and slow.  Now I'm tripping hard and so I ask to use someone's cell phone (left that at home cause I didn't want to do something stupid like call my boss or one of my clients.  But I'm black and my neighorhood is mostly white, so I start asking people if I can use their phones and white people are like running and shaking their heads and I'm like....I would do the same thing.  Finally, I see a black guy and he gives me his phone, so I call my brother and explain to him I smoked weed and he needs to chill with me.  So he drives 15 min north and shows up and I'm pacing around a strip mall and we have to keep walking so my mind doesn't start making up stupid stuff to do, like throw myself on the floor.

My brother was like, I hope you didn't eat it.  I was like no, then I remember I ate some of the weed cause I didn't feel high at first.  So now I freaked out again with another mini panic attack.  I took in more than I was used to (Mistake # 4)

But he walked me through it, we ended up sitting at a bar and talking for hours, now I feel better but what the hell was that?  I realized, I'm a controlling person and a stress case, I shouldn't smoke.   Now I'm back home and still a bit unsettled and I hear my wife walking around upstairs (Mistake 5) don't smoke under duress.  Goona blog then go to sleep.

8. #8 Ichimaruu, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    Pretty much same story here alexnw99. Heart felt really really fast, had to keep moving around to distract myself from it. It wasn't as bad as the first time I tried weed where I actually ingested it but I ate way too much. Anyway I was so high I couldn't stop moving my legs around at my friends place, my head was spinning and I felt dizzy. If there's any advice that I can give to first timers who want to ingest - don't eat too much, not getting a high isn't as bad as having a panic attack for 6 hours straight.

9. No you should not smoke weed at all. Go to a liberal arts forum.

10. This might sound a little out there, but maybe it's sprayed with some type of chemical or something. No matter how much you smoke you shouldn't hear voices in your head or any of that other crazy shit that happened. Know you dealer. Know where your weed's coming from, because if you don't there could be anything on it. It's sad, but that's the truth if you don't live somewhere like Cali/Colorodo where medical is everywhere.