Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad Trip = Anxiety Attacks

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Forshaihulud, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Sad story. I use to be a daily smoker, I was in love with Sweet MaryJane. However I got a little over confident, and had a bad trip off my first time trying mushrooms. Now whenever I try to smoke again, I have terrible anxiety attacks, and it makes the experience very uncomfortable, and I'm afraid I won't ever be able to smoke again like I use too....

any help?

:(

2. Yikes that's a tough one. How long have you been a daily toker before you tried the mushrooms? How long did you try weed again after the trip? Maybe you're just psyching yourself out a bit and need a break for awhile, then hopefully things will be smooth sailing.

Good luck.

3. #3 Rokmanfilms, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    I have a silly little method of getting over the paranoids. I'll write down whatever I'm thinking about that's freaking me out, and the next day when I'm sober, I'll read it and laugh.

After I did that a few times, I began to think to myself when I felt the paranoids coming on, "I'll just laugh about it later, why even freak out?"

Good luck, bro!

4. yea you should chill for a few days after a trip, especially if you smoked during the trip since its very easy to feel as if your "tripping" next couple of times you smoke.. ganja should relax, not cause stress/anxiety.. no point on smoking sweet mj if it keeps you stressing

gl to ya :hello:

5. You could try going a few days without smoking and just shitfaced all day instead, eventually you'll forget that you even took mushrooms a few days ago haha

6. been smoking about a year before the trip, and I was very much able to 'handle' my smoke.
    and i tried maybe a day or two after..

7. Hate to be that guy but, no discussing other drugs on these forums.

That aside, have you tried meditating before smoking? Just clear your mind of whatever it was from your last experience that made you start having anxiety from smoking MJ. Also as others have said take a day or two off from smoking to kind of re-balance yourself.

8. This is the correct answer.