Bad to smoke and chew gum at the same time?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr Hand, Jan 26, 2011.

1. i've heard if you chew a piece of gum and smoke some weed at the same time it'll fuck up your lungs in the long run... anyone know if this is true?

2. I haven't heard of it before.

Maybe if you inhale the gum into your lungs or something lol. Otherwise I cannot possibly see how it would be bad for you

3. When you chew gum in any area with fumes or smoke, like at a gas station, certain particles can get in the gum and you would be chewing on it without knowing. I don't think weed smoke would do anything but I wouldn't chew it at a gas station or any place with chemicals in the air.

4. Yeah - and don't chew gum in a public restroom either - you might eat someone's shit! lol

5. #5 The Crafter, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
    haha, either I've been chewing weed infused gum or I've been dying cuz I always have gum in my mouth when I smoke.

Also, if whatever the air got on your gum, that means it got in your mouth. And regardless of the presence of gum whatever is in your mouth will get absorbed into the bloodstream. Gum is a non factor really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. but surely whether you have gum in or not your going to inhale the particles? Gum isnt going to make a difference. Even if the gum did have particles on it, there will be such a small amount that it will just be broken down in your stomach and wont effect you....

Im no expert but i can't imagine it doing you much harm.

Now we all know that swallowing gum on the other hand is VERY dangerous as it stays in your body forever! */end sarcasm*

7. I lik chewing minty gum while taking hits...makes the smoke taste a little bit cool and refreshing. I don't see why this would be bad for you.

8. Trust me, my chemestry teacher would never let us chew gum in class because of this. When you chew the particles get into the gum and they stay in the gum as you chew on it all day. You could be chewing on toxins or poisons.

9. Well i heard the reason it is bad for you is because chewing gum opens up the saliva glands in the mouth and allows the toxic smoke to enter and get 'trapped'.

i'm not sure if there is any truth in it or not. Seems to make sense tho. I never heard of it being any worst for the lungs tho.

10. So what if the particles are in the gum? If they got in the gum, then they got in your mouth. And if they didn't already kill you, they're not going to because you're chewing gum.

I dunno about you, but I'm always salivating. My mouth is always wet, thus my glands must be open.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alright im gonna end the debate right here right now, smoking weed and chewing gum wont do shit its smoking cigarettes and chewing gum, it makes you salivate way more and the flavor of the gum makes it taste alot better so in your mind you wont think about swallowing your spit but when you do that, over time you can get stomach cancer from the cig

12. Holy shit you guys had me cracking the fuck up! I’m over here thinking is gum bad while you smoke? I literally created an account just to comment too funny lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Omg the shit people believe, smfh...