Bad timer?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by qbsillest1, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Im hoping this is what my problem is. Randomly, my set up cuts off. I hear the timer still running when thus happens as well. Its a real big issue being that I dont live where I grow and am there maybe twice a day. Ive had this happen twice in 3 weeks while I am actually there.

The light on the timer cuts off too which may or may not be normal. What do yall think? Could anything else cause this? I am using an Apollo 400w hid set up. And the ballast didnt feel extra warm or anything when this occurred this evening....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2. I don't know what kind of timer you're using, but if it's anything you could buy at Home Depot or your local hardware store, I'd just about lay money on it being or going bad. I tried absolutely every kind of timer I could get my hands on and never found one that could hold up to what it has to do in a grow. Luckily, I'm married to an electrician and I bought the parts and he built me one. Haven't had a problem since. But before that, I was constantly buying and replacing timers. I was looking when I was at the grow store last time and they have some there that look pretty heavy duty. I've never shopped for them on line, but I'm sure there is something out there you can buy that is a little more heavy duty than those the box stores sell. It just kept me on edge all the time. I would make sure that me or my husband was here at lights on and I would get up every morning and check to make sure they went off. What's the point in having a device that's supposed to do that if you have to check it every time. LOL You need to get something more dependable than what you're using or you'll end up with hermies because of interrupted light cycles during flower. Check out growershouse.com and see what they offer. That's the supplier I use and they have pretty much everything there is out there to buy as far as growing goes. You might be able to get something there that will work better than what you've got. Good luck! TWW

3. Awesome! Thank you again so much TWW!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. I like they ol tab timers. Have had the same 1 for the last year or so still kickin

5. #5 Iwannagethigh780, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015

Edit--