Bad smelling marijuana

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dave999, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Okay, I know I've done something really wrong when drying and/or curing, as they have been in a jar for a day now and when I opened them they smell really bad, I can't really describe the smell, it's just very unlike marijuana.

Basically, I just want to know what i've done wrong so that I can avoid it in my next grow. Any help would be much appreciated. :smoke:

2. Curing weed can smell like a compost pile until cured......Give it 2-4 weeks and (burp)open the jar at least 4 times a day to let out the gasses and it will start smelling more like MJ as it dries more.......

3. Yeah, it can smell a bit weird, mostly like grass in my experience, the first few days. I highly doubt you've ruined it in a day by putting it in a jar. Could you at least try to explain the smell?

4. make sure youre opening the jars at least once a day, twice is better for ~5 minutes each time. You have to let them gas off to cure properly

5. Erm the smells sort of like a bit of grassy smell, a bit like compost as you described, and just generally a bad smell.

6. Hmmm... I suggest you just keep at it and see if it gets any better.

7. thats just the chlorophyll and other things gassing off. no worries, just keep an eye out that its not drying too slowly

8. Did you hang the plant to dry for a few days before placing in jars??...They may need to dry longer before jarring them or, mold can occur. You can put the buds in a brown paper for a day or, two and then put in jars.

9. dont really matter what it smell like at the start of cure...its the end that counts.....i had one smelled like a carps ass ...now its tangerine...another like grass.....now it smells like peppermint:eek:...i hate peppermint:eek:...but the smoke rocks..longer the cure the better:smoke: