Bad smell of mould but no sign of it anywhere what do I do

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dj Rezin, Aug 16, 2019.

1. My fifth time and this is by far the most pungent and fruity of all grows so far about 3 days away from harvest almost completed the flush gave it a heavy watering a couple of days ago and now I can smell like damp on the buds and is masking the Potent fruity smell I was once smelling can this be resolved any ideas humidity was 70% after heavy watering but normally has been around 50 to 55 throughout the grow I've had dehumidifiers in there but where I live is very humid not much I could do

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. could just be the plant.....and the buds....are just displacing all that "extra water" it received

• Like Like x 1
  3. The smell reduction could just be due to the fact they were a little overwatered/more than they were used to in the flush...I'd say water no more, and let things start to dry out. You're leaving your lights on right?
    I imagine you'll have a return to good smells.
    None of the buds look wilted or like they're closing in on themselves? That's usually the dead-set sign there's some mould-like problems.

I guess at this stage, I'd be saying to myself...all I can really do is extra ventilation.
    You *could* consider, if you feel like things are too wet still...maybe getting some of those mini buckets of damp-rid or an equivalent product, they really do draw out moisture very well. Just an idea. Never used one around plants personally.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thanks mate for the response much appreciated I'm going to order some now

• Get a UVC light and flash them at harvest. I do this now. It helps my conscience to know I do the best I can.
    • If your bud is molded, chuck it out. That doesn't necessarily mean all the bud.
    • When manicuring, you can see non-evident mold by flicking it and watching for spores.
    • A 360 UV bandwidth can detect aflatoxins as they fluoresce at 425 and 450 (blue).
    • Think about filtering your incoming air; there's several methods on YT (especially for carpentry shops).
    • Line the grow room with some fungicidal copper salts (blue) since moisture will accumulate at wall corners and mold will thrive.
    • Bleach out the walls and floors, you can do this during the grow.
    • Fungicide bomb the grow room between grows.
    • Use beneficial organisms. Mycorrhizae is cheap, other stuff... not so much, but the research shows increased yields and rot protection.
    These are things I do except for checking for aflatoxin. I tried ordering a diode to check, but it was the wrong wavelength, needs to 360 I believe. I also add trichoderma.

5. An indoor grow, eh? Check ur vents/ indoor condenser coils on ur ac unit.

6. Great advice thanks mate I hope this is the case I will try this also

7. Perfect that sounds good hopefully this is the case thanks for your reply guys is much appreciated

• Like Like x 1