Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bad side of weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Markyb, Oct 23, 2010.

1. what are the disadvantages of smoking weed?

2. hmmmmm......I'd have to say the only disadvantage of weed for me is the fact that it runs out after you smoke it all :smoke:

3. If you need to be really productive I'd say normally it's not the best choice. Plus the social and legal ramifications can affect things. To be honest, though, each person is different and in a different environment. Your "goods" and "bads" will also be personal to your situation.

4. It's not legal.

5. I find for some people it absolutely kills your short term memory.

However i know some frickin geniuses that smoke weed and are fine .

Meh . ...

Cotton mouth ?

6. It makes the men with guns and cages get mad:mad::poke::(

7. cant legally grow my own

8. I have 3 modes that I smoke weed on.

Either im on weekend mode, and im just smoking all day, or im on 1 bowl at night mode, or I am not smoking at all.

I should probably cut down lol, im smoking a lot lately. :smoke:

9. This. Only thing about weeed

10. I find it really depends person to person. Some have none it seems, others it fucks them up horribly.

11. hahah, yeah thats a bad side. but for me i cant smoke weed if im gonna have to hang out with a group of people im not comfortable with, my social skills go downhill unless the people are chill, then its all good.

12. Only bad parts of weed:

illegal (not Mary's fault though)
    can make you tired (which can also be good if used as a sleeping aide)
    being too baked can make tasks more difficult (ie talking to rents, working,...)
    and as said, running out and cottonmouth.

13. Smoking anything isn't exactly great for your lungs, but you can eat and vape it safely. I believe that they've never actually been able to prove concretely, that cannabis has ever caused a lung cancer or lung-illness related death. At the same time, it's proven every few hours with tobacco, and that doesn't stop many people from enjoying their nicotine. So when even the 'establishment' (not the propaganda machines) can't claim that it kills, you're likely safe, except for contaminated weed.

If you already have some specific, prior condition, that indicates you shouldn't be inhaling smoke, then you, well... probably, shouldn't be inhaling any smoke :)
    But it actually helps some asthma sufferers.

Mostly, there are just social, and legal repercussions.

However, some people are capable of letting simple sugars and caffeine, control their lives.

The same thing can potentially happen with weed, and similarly with any other enjoyable substance.

Most substances though, are potentially more physically addictive than weed, the physical and emotional withdrawals from sugar for instance, are surprisingly and generally much worse.. most people will very much miss using additional sugars, they will think of it every time they eat and drink for weeks, and even months after their last taste, once they've been using it for even just a short a while and need to stop.

At the same time, there is a seemingly higher percentage of people who, recreationally, can easily pick up and put down cannabis without a second thought.

Even those with the very worst cannabis 'withdrawal' symptoms, usually with a bit of an oral fixation (craving the act of smoking itself), will begin to feel the desire to smoke less and less, in roughly just a weeks time.

Sure you miss it, it was fun, and it felt good. But so did that ride at the fair, and you're not chasing down every carnival in the country trying to get your next fix. That's the extent weed usually effects people as far as addiction goes, they can take it or leave it.

The worst thing that can happen in my experience, is you find that it effectively helps you medicinally, then for some reason legally, or medically, you may one day need to stop using your medicine.

In cases where the problem causing your illness hasn't itself diminished, stopping use will almost always bring back the intensity of your original symptoms, and it's a horrible, nightmarish experience, no matter how short or long you've been pain free or at least somewhat alleviated. If you truly use it medicinally, and it helps, it's terrible losing something that gave you so much of your life back.

For some people, it can provide a symptom-free bliss unlike any other medication, and one day the 'man' could stop by, and take it away.

That is the only real, medical danger I see it having, because some especially older patients can go into shock and die, if their medicine is taken away, and they are made to suddenly suffer with their old symptoms again.

But that's another story than what you're interested in I'm sure :) Just don't let it get on top of you, just like you wouldn't let anything else, be safe and sane and you'll be ok.

14. Once you experience a certain activity high, you never want to do it sober again.