Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad side effects of edibles! What are yours?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Maryed Man, Sep 5, 2012.

1. So I keep hearing that you can "green out" or eat too much edibles. I've heard plenty of cases of it. But what does this really entail?

As someone who eats edibles semi frequently, I don't really get mind blowingly high off them. Or really that high at all. But I have a very high tolerance too, so I don't expect to. What happens when I eat too many edibles is I just get very tired. A few times however, my thoughts did start to twist into things that I'm not going to discuss publicly, but it was certainly an unnatural reaction to the drug.

But marijuana affects everyone differently, and differently each time.

So what's the worst thing that has happened to you on edibles? Or what do you think (realistically) the worst thing that could happen to someone? And is there some way I can ensure a mind blowing high from some edibles?

2. "Greening out" refers to an extreme overload of thc, not just passing out unless it's for days. Hanging over the throne in the bathroom seems to be a common symptom. I think that overload is more prevalent among those with a light tolerance and less thc experience, although I read some accounts from seasoned tokers about their experiences, too.

THC lowers blood pressure and in a large enough dose that could cause some disturbing physical effects. A lot of those who experience it just don't know any better than to try to get overwhelmingly f***ed up and don't take into consideration that edibles are a more intense than smoking.

I have a high tolerance and really haven't had that experience. The closest I ever came was in '81 after I helped unload a shrimp boat of Columbian in a bayou. Unfortunately, it was for the state police after they busted it. The place I worked had the labor contract so they called us. We weren't allowed a chance to snatch some because there was a cop for every man. I was determined to get a buzz somehow, some way. So, I jumped in the hot, dusty holds where none of the police wanted to go. I had to work like hell to hook all those bales up to be hauled out. I didn't want them to replace me because I was too slow. In fact, everyone up top were cursing me for working so hard.The reason I didn't want to go up is that I would find a bale already broken and set it aside so that I could grab a mouthful as I passed by. Out of that 12 tons of reefer, I managed to chew and swallow about three ounces. When I finally got up on deck, I thought we were at sea because the boat seemed to be rolling. We were docked in a bayou with absolutely flat water. After we got back to the bunkhouse, I played Spades for about 3 hours before I passed out for 18 additional hours. I was feeling no pain. I woke up refreshed and ready for work. :D

3. hahaha wow that sounds awesome. I'd relish the opportunity to eat 3 ounces of some fresh colombian, I just wonder how many bugs you ate also :laughing:

4. No more bugs than if I smoked it. At least it was added protein. I tell you, my mouth was all scratched and sore for a couple of days since I had no water and just had to eat it dry. :yummy:

5. haha I bet. Musta felt great at the time though

6. Felt wonderful. I had been out of stash for a few days.

7. I have smoked since 1970 but went 390+ days while studying for various pre-employment drug screens, Once I got the job I wanted I waited 40 days and took a small dose of tincture that had the weed soaking in it for over a year and had concentrate from 1/2 ozof liquid to less than a mil.

This was the first time that I had instant effects from putting it under my tongue. While I waited for it to kick in fully I rolled a couple of pin joints with a mixture of AK47xHas Plant, Casey Jones, Blue Cheese, a seedless bag seed mexican, and a baby aspirin sized piece of ISO/Rick Simpson oil kneaded into the mixture.

Either the tincture or one of the joints would have been enough, but I had to try it.
    Took the dog for a little walk in some woods near my house and could tell by the second hit from the joint that I could have stopped then and been fine, but who wants to quit after just two hits. The stickyness of the Iso made the joint burn exceptionally slow and I got probably 15-20 tokes off of it. There was no way I could consider smoking the second one.

Got home and felt incapacitated, laid on the floor about 1.5hrs after ingesting the tincture and laid there almost motionless for 40 minutes without moving. If I closed my eyes everything would spin but by keeping my eyes somewhat focused on a single point in the room everything stayed reasonably calm.

Yes

Haven't smoked since then, but interested in trying again. Still have one of the joints left and want to try it by itself.

8. That sounds awesome. I've never really had any bad thoughts from smoking, but too much edibles causes my brain to become very dark for some reason.

9. Worst experience for me were minor hallucinations and an overwhelming feeling throughout my brain and body. Almost as if I were on shrooms but not as intense. Small tracers from lights when moving my head or eyes. I've seen people puke and say they are getting hott but that's about it.

10. The only negative I have experienced was when I ate a bit too many magic brownies one afternoon, and was still extremely high for the rest of the following day to the point where I skipped classes because I was way too high to do anything. Not really a bad thing haha, just lasted a lot longer than I expected.