Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad reactions to weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aussietoker, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Greetings all! tl;dr Read the third paragraph

First off, I started smoking November 2011. I smoked almost daily until one night in November the following year without a bad experience, by this stage I had absolutely no tolerance. On that faithful night I believe I greened out. I had drank 1 UDL(girls drink), 20 minutes later I smoked 1 bowl of the usual crappy damp weed I get in Australia at short notice. I was at the local park (summer night). I felt normal, slightest buzz. I stood up to head back to my mates, felt fine then started to get dizzy. Sat down but it didn't help. Vomited a truckload, my head wanted to pass out but I forced myself to stay awake. Not sure if it was the right thing to do. Anyways, after that I ate and felt good as new. 

After smoking a handful of times I decided I'd take a break. It was hard but I managed to take a break for 2-3 months. In early February I had a few drags of a joint, had very little tolerance, even got the giggles! From then I started smoking almost every day again right up until last month when I believe I greened out again, but it was completely different.

I was camping. Sitting around a fire. I wasn't hot, I wasn't cold. I had a good amount to eat that day. Drank a lot of water. I had one bowl. 5 minutes later I started to get dizzy. I tell my friend I don't feel so well and to get me water. I remember him getting up but I don't remember him coming back. I woke up on the ground confused as shit. Apparently when my friend went to hand me the water my head dropped down, my hands went to my chest with wrists bent and I went completely stiff. Then I used my feet to flip myself backwards off the chair. I was out for 5-10 minutes in that one position. I didn't vomit once. I woke up, felt fine and went to sleep. 

Sorry for all that text but seriously guys I want to know what happened!! It's ruined the mary jane experience for me. I've smoked since and been fine but it's not the same. That event has changed the way I feel about weed. I hate it :( 

2. That sounds like something that doesn't have anything to do with marijuana.  It most likely would have happened anyway, don't say it doesn't happen when you don't smoke as these would be rare events. 

If it was an allergy it would happen every time you smoked.  Some people have weak lungs and the coughing and irritation leads them to throwing up or feeling gaggy.

However seizing up and passing out is a neurological condition.

3. So you think it would of happened even if I hadn't smoked? Maybe it wasn't the direct cause but it had to of contributed? 
    I don't take any meds and the only neurological issue I've had in the past was a MILD concussion. 

4. Any concussion can result in the exact symptoms you've described at varying times.  Nausea, vomiting, muscle spasms, feinting.  I don't think it would have contributed at all. 

The types of things you are describing happening seem to be more serious than anything affected by marijuana.  Sudden dizzy spells etc bad enough to cause you to vomit could be signs of an inner ear disorder.  Marijuana really only affects chemical receptors in the brain, so things related to actual motor function shouldn't be affected. 

That's why you see super high people playing guitar, frisbee, hacky sack, even juggling and dancing. 

5. Bro I pick up shit from my dealer with pcp in it and had the same experience not fun dizzy and sleepy as fuck. Lol I remember when he told me STOOOOP!!! I GAVE YOU THE WRONG BAG DONT SMOKE THAT SHIT ! and by that time it was too late. Next time that happends I would buy a home drugtest for every drug. (around 20 dollars) my dad actually drug tested me that weekend and pcp showed up in my system but this was back in the day =)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

That shit is crazy.  I think that happened to me about 14 years ago actually, except I was fuckin trippin.  Been smokin for nearly 2 decades now and that only ever happened one time though. 

Aussie you may want to start buying from some more reputable people

7. Way ahead of you mate. Stumbled upon the same stuff a couple weeks later and turned that shit down while my friend still smoked it. Why could other people handle it but not me? Is it something I should worry about?

8. 2 bad reactions and you hate weed???

Greening out isn't the end of the world. If you think it is, you probs shouldn't smoke.

Don't mix alcohol if you're afraid of that experience.

Stay hydrated and eat properly...most people that pass out are dehydrated and weed can exacerbate that. I can pass out from just lack of water and combining it with weed is really trippy haha.

You have a low tolerance...shit like that happens.

Just roll with it haha. I've thrown up from drinking combo and I was so high I could taste the Lemonade and the twix I ate...thought it tasted good right before I got in my car and passed out for two hours. I wouldn't term that a bad experience.

Panic attacks, passing out, vomiting...that's pretty much the worst of it. Pretty mild tbh.

9. Different people have different tolerances to things.  I can drink over 10 shots of tequila without stumbling or slurring, can take nyquil without getting tired and can smoke unlimited marijuana with no sickess and actually prevent sickness.  However if I take a single hydrocodone I will throw up for 5 hours. 

Panic attacks passing out vomiting?!?!?  From weed?  That shit is nuts.  I don't think a healthy person would do any of that on marijuana.   A healthy constitution can handle most things, I believe other issues are at play here that are more pressing than the marijuana.  Just my opinion.

10. Thank you! I fully agree. Sometimes its a combo of dehydration or low blood sugar along with a combination of alcohol. If you have a low tolerance, you are going down. I am diabetic and I always smoke AFTER I eat to get my blood sugar down. If I smoke with hypogycemia, OMG the effects would intensify 10 fold.

11. I never said I hated weed lol. Obviously I don't think it's the end of the world or else I wouldn't have gotten high a couple days later!

On the second occasion I didn't drink alcohol and I drank over 2L of water that day. I'm just confused at how I can be drunk as balls from all types of alcohol then smoke a massive bowl on numerous occasions and be fine. Never vomited, then that one night I go full retard!

12. Honestly sounds like your blood pressure is dropping too much is all... could be the strain... your current bp when you smoke... etc.... your bp drops and you get weak n pass out basically....then it comes back up and you feel fine....

You may wanna get your bp checked...

13. Low blood sugar? BP? Being excessively hungry? Fatigued?

I've smoked after not eating for 24hrs (Large dab sesh) and yeah, it definitely changes the experience.

Sleep deprivation also can fuck you up...mix the delirium of 60hrs no sleep with a bunch of Marys and you have a hallucination party lol. Interesting, but odd haha.

With alcohol it also depends on how fast you consumed it.
    Normally if I do 2-3 shots/hr with weed I"m fine.   5 Shots and the CEVs intensify like crazy, I feel disassociated like mad and I will most likely throw up. It really just depends...

Even that little bit of tobacco leaf with blunts can fuck you up pretty bad.

Random events usually...I wouldn't read too much into it.

14. Cheers guys. I haven't had my BP checked in a good while. Or anything for that matter. Off to the doctors this week! That night I was coming off a 2 hour sleep. And had worked hard getting wood, setting up the camp site etc etc. Probably a combination of a few things