Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad or good to smoke weed with these mental disorders:?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by thedude234, Apr 25, 2013.

1. #1 thedude234, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    is it good or bad to smoke weed when you have mental disorders im diagnosed with:
    Severe-Deppresion (Which i agree but i never ever had homicidal or suicidal thoughts)

Bipolar Disorder (which i disagree with because i never have "mania" that comes with bipolar)

and ADHD (which i strongly agree with)

So is it bad if i smoke weed i mean all it does is mellow me out and make me tired

*I also think medication is complete bullshit except for the adhd medication because its amazing lol...
    *Not taking any anti-deppresants either just adhd meds

Ill ive noticed is weed makes my adhd worse

2. Weed is actually prescribed for all the things you listed. It will help treat them.

3. Yeah but weed can also make them worse especially with bipolar but i haven't yet got to that point

4. Weed could be prescribed for night blindness..

5. Mixing mental illness and recreational drugs generally isn't a good idea. In my experience (I have depression, social anxiety, ADHD and probably a bunch of other shit,) over time I have noticed that it does makes it worse.

Not everybody is the same way but be very careful, don't go overboard with the smoking. Also, if you notice you're feeling worse, stop smoking for a little while.

6. i have severe anxiety and adhd and cannabis has done wonders for it, i don't think i could have got past the last 2 years without it. just sucks that psychiatrists in Australia don't wanna prescribe for adult adhd. and just chuck you on anti depressants to try and manage anxiety.... cannabis is my saviour and allows me to become the person i wanna be. not some one i have no controll over.

7. no, it would probably benefit all of those 'disorders'
    I am bipolar myself, and weed can bring the mania out of me when I'm in a depressed phase

8. Well weed actually has replaced anti-depressants for a lot of people with these disorders, Mr. Smartass.

9. It kinda does help with my stress and deppresion just the thing i dont like is it makes my ADHD worse

10. Yes, but under the supervision of a doctor, which OP isn't as far as we know. "Mr. Smartass."

11. Since when do you need a doctor to replace poison with cannabis? Pretty sure people do this on their own also. Because medical cards are basically like, "well my back hurts a little." Doctor: Good enough for me?!?!?!?! MARIJUANA time!

12. Anti-depressants and bipolar medications definitely don't always make "everything good". I'm not a smartass, I'm a realist.

13. it's all good man. it's all good.

14. lol are you going to pet me on the head too?

15. Well, I think a doctor would know better than some stoners on a pro-weed site. Telling someone with severe depression that will it will treat their condition isn't very wise, because while it may work for some, it can also be like throwing gasoline on a fire for others.

16. If you haven't experienced mania then you're not bipolar. It's one of the most misdiagnosed mental illnesses, along with ADD.

Weed has been shown to really help bipolar.

17. only if you want me to.

18. Nah, most doctors just try to get people hooked on pharmaceuticals for profit. That's where the money is.

19. It's all good man. It's all good.

20. Ok man. :smoke: