Bad luck?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sabre61fan, Jan 20, 2007.

1. A buddy of mine got 10 PPP seeds from a site listed in High times. He has a really nice set up and was expecting good results. He gave me 2 of the plants because he only had room for 8. He started flowering his 3 weeks ago and got 6 males and only 2 females. I started flowering my two and both are males. Is this common or just bad luck. I know that it is usually close to a 50/50 ratio and I have had more females then males in my first two grows.

2. you're not alone... i had 11 starters and ended up with 9 males

3. sounds like some really bad luck..

4. sounds like he should tell that site what happened. some sites will give you free seeds if you tell them your experience if you had only 2 females

5. thats why I always prefer feminized seeds! :p

6. At least there are a couple females you can clone off of. Yeah, looks like a bad draw there.

7. Some good new! I do have a FEMALE I was wrong about my LSTed plant. That is the one I wanted most to be female just because for my first time trying LST she was looking really good. Still thats only 3 for 10. Praying for big yields from the three to compensate.

8. O yea we did take clones, before we flowered, from 5 plants. We figured at least one would be a mother. Yep, guessed it, we were wrong. All 5 turned out to be males. My buddy tried to take a couple off his one female but they didn't root.