Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bad luck with the police

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokin bud, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Today on the way home from picking up an O my car ran out of gas (my gas meter is broken, it fluctuates up and down non stop) so i called triple a. They said they would be there in 45 minutes. After about 30 minutes of waiting a police officer come up and asks the problem. I tell him i ran out of gas and triple a should be there in about 15 minutes. He asks for my license and registration so i go into my car and get them, he follows and i open the door and i know it smells like weed and he asked me how much i had on me. I just went ahead and told him i had enough to get me arrested, as there was no getting out of this situation. He searched the car and found my O and my bong. He charged me with possession and paraphernalia since i was cooperative and i didn't have a scale or bags on me. He wrote me my ticket and let me on my way not even helping me with the gas situation. Just goes to show you that many officers don't care to help people, but they only care to make the township money.

2. well...do you have to go to court? or get on probation? police are usually dicks, but he could've fucked you a lot worse.

3. Why would you go pick up an ounce without knowing for sure you had gas in your car, especially when your gauge is broken??

4. I thought i had gas... and do you really think if you were planning on picking up an O that day that you wouldn't go drive and get it? Plus the police should never even have gotten involved.

5. damn that blows...

6. With the fines and losing the zip and my bong i'm out like $2000, which also blows.

7. Why didn't you just tell him you didn't have any weed on you. Hes not allowed to search your car.

8. Well normally when I get in my car and plan to drive places, I check to make sure I have gas to get there and back.

Maybe they shouldn't have gotten involved.. but it happened and now you will get probation. Sorry to hear it happened, I've been through it before as well.

9. Keep your shit in the trunk. Espically an ounce and a bong. Even if your only driving 10 minutes away. Then again I do sometimes slip up and put it in my pocet or under the mat in the backseat.(not ounces though)

Just next time your gunna be sitting by your car on a main road... Put your weed and all that locked in the trunk just incase a cop stops and asks whats going on.

10. I actually will not get probation as i only got tickets and i don't have to appear in court. So in a sense the cop didn't totally fuck me over.

11. Man, I don't understand why people let themselves get caught.
    Op, I am not calling you out, I am just using you as an example.

When you pick up an ounce of some stinky weed, lets start putting it in a large 2 dollar mason jar so you can be one less statistic. Op it sucks, but it's your fault you got caught. The cop did his job, fuck him for that right? Not really, don't hate the cop, hate yourself because you got caught with something that is still very illegal in most states.

Lets start being smarter stoners GC, little do you know your back tail light is out and you also have 4 ounces under the passenger seat. When those lights start flashing behind you, you are gonna regret not having a smell-proof jar.

Stop blaming the police for actually doing what they are told to do, they CAN give you a break, but it's the law, most officers love their job, and they are going to do their job as best they can.

12. This.

Also, when I pick up bigger amounts I bring a mason jar and put it in that, then the trunk.

Never smells.

13. Hire a lawyer......you'll be amazed as to how much that will help.

14. I don't dislike the cop for busting me, i dislike him for not helping me out with my gas situation which is the only reason he should have been there. I still had to wait for triple a and they were an hour longer than the initial 45 minute they said they will be.

15. As I said, I wasn't calling you out. It's just I see these avoidable "I got caught" threads all the time. In my opinion, the cop shouldn't even have needed to see your stuff. You were not operating a vehicle at the time, you were hopefully legally parked with your hazards on. You didn't even need to acknowledge him if you weren't doing anything.

16. I consulted my lawyer and he told me that i shouldn't hire him as it would cost me another $1000, and the cop already let me off pretty easy.

And to all the people who said mason jar, i had it in one, but my car has a permanent reefer smell so there wasn't anything i really could have done.

Lesson learned by me. I should have brought my ozium with me, but i had forgot it in my apartment in my excitement over getting my O.

17. he shudnt of even of bothered u.. why did he have to see ur liscence and registration?.. u werent doin anything wrong.. police instill too much fear on the people, and shud not have have the power they do

18. Smell isn't enough reason for him to search the car so you couldve denied or said it was from earlier and just said you don't consent to a search. Also, with that much weed and a bong you should've taken way more precautions...

19. [quote name='"BakedPenguins"']Smell isn't enough reason for him to search the car so you couldve denied or said it was from earlier and just said you don't consent to a search. Also, with that much weed and a bong you should've taken way more precautions...[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing! Smell alone is not enough to constitute probable cause. You could have told him that you knew your rights and refused to consent to a search.

20. You should be more informed of your rights. By telling him that you had weed that gave him right to search your car. Cops aren't looking for a fight and a ton of paper work. Stress your rights next time.