Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad Kitty Smiles ??? Please

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Peacerose55, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Do you know anything about using roots to make a lotin for hurting bones. I've been reading alot to find out something.This is only for external use.

I trust your knowledge . So if you know nothing I will start expermenting. TIA

2. That is not how you send a private message.

3. #3 theVirtuoso, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
    edit: read below

4. I'm not "badkitty" but I do have a little on cannabis roots, and they do have some active compounds-

Balm from canna roots (forum thread - 2010) Balm from canna roots - GreenPassion - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis

Characterization of Medicinal Properties of Cannabis sativa L. Roots (full - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]http://archives.hempembassy.net/hempe/resources/blairvanpeltcannabisroot _NXPowerLite_.pdf[/FONT]

Analysis of Choline and Atropine in Hairy Root Cultures of Cannabis Sativa L. by Capillary Electrophoresis-electrospray Mass Spectrometry. (abst – 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]http://medical-journals.healia.com/...lectrophoresis-electrospray-mass-spectrometry[/FONT]

Effects of cannabis roots on the heart. (forum post- letter - 1973)
    GreenPassion.org - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis

Hope that helps! :D

Granny :wave:

5. Great info stormcrow - wouldn't have expected that.

6. Thanks Granny!!!! This will help a lot. Your info is amazing. I've read lots of it.
    I will read this . I just checked your facebook page amazing.Thanks again.

I wasn't trying to be rude. Just want some info.

I hoped someone would help. Granny your the BEST>

7. Granny this is amazing. Thank you so much. I've been reading for a couple of hours now. I wish I had seen this in the 1970's.

I've been doing chemo for 4 years ALL( Luekemia ). I don't like western meds and I'm born and raised here. Thank you.

8. #8 Storm Crow, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
    Hon, I got more mind-blowing reading for you! :eek: These articles are primarily on breast cancer, but leukemia often has the same gene in common! You need to look into cannabidiol (CBD)- according to those first 2 articles, CBD can get cancer cells reverting to normal in test tubes!

Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis (news - 2012)
    Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis - Yahoo! News India

Can marijuana stop cancer? (news – 2012)
    Can marijuana stop cancer? - San Francisco Health News | Examiner.com

Cannabidiol inhibits tumour growth in leukaemia and breast cancer in animal studies (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]International Association for Cannabis as Medicine[/FONT]

And THC also has a positive effect in leukemia and can work with other medicines-

Enhancing the in vitro cytotoxic activity of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol in leukemic cells through a combinatorial approach (abst - 2008) Enhancing the in vitro cytotoxic activity of D... [Leuk Lymphoma. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Now here is more important info- You need to take Omega 3 for cannabis to work its best! I got tipped off to this little fact by this abstract dealing with mental problems and diet-

[FONT=&quot]“Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.[/FONT]
    Unbound MEDLINE | Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. PubMed Journal article abstract
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The corollaries of the obesity epidemic that plagues developed societies are malnutrition and resulting biochemical imbalances. Low levels of essential n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) have been linked to neuropsychiatric diseases, but the underlying synaptic alterations are mostly unknown. We found that lifelong n-3 PUFAs dietary insufficiency specifically ablates long-term synaptic depression mediated by endocannabinoids in the prelimbic prefrontal cortex and accumbens. In n-3-deficient mice, presynaptic cannabinoid CB(1) receptors (CB(1)Rs) normally responding to endocannabinoids were uncoupled from their effector G(i/o) proteins. Finally, the dietary-induced reduction of CB(1)R functions in mood-controlling structures was associated with impaired emotional behavior. These findings identify a plausible synaptic substrate for the behavioral alterations caused by the n-3 PUFAs deficiency that is often observed in western diets.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Granny’s translation – “The US diet sucks big time and we are fat, undernourished, and crazy because of it. We get WAY too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3. Not getting enough Omega 3 can make you crazy because without it, the CB1 cannabinoid receptors in your brain aren’t made right- a chunk that is supposed to be attached, isn’t! Broken receptors give you “impaired emotional behavior”. So we think it’s the low Omega 3 diet that’s making the US totally nuts!”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now, those guys were just looking at the mental effects, but the physical effects are just as bad. [/FONT]If your diet is low in Omega 3, many of the CB receptors will be "duds". That little [FONT=&quot] G(i/o) [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]effector[/FONT] protein won't get attached and each dud will negatively impact your ability fight your cancer!

[/FONT] Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutritionally Deficient Diet
    (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet - Philadelphia medical marijuana | Examiner.com[/FONT]

Omega-3 deficiency disrupts cannibinoid receptor function in brain (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Omega-3 deficiency disrupts cannibinoid receptor function in brain - Wellsphere[/FONT]

Best sources of Omega 3 are fish oil, flax seed oil and hemp seed oil.

Have I sent you a copy of my List yet? :confused: The one here is nice, but the one I send out is twice as big, and has all of the latest info! :D

Granny :wave:
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

9. I'd recommend neem oil as well as peanut/soybean oil. George Washington Carver used to ship people into his college to have peanut/soybean oils rubbed into their skin for various skin/muscle/bone conditions. The patients reported great improvements.

Source: Modern Marvels (History Channel)

10. #10 Peacerose55, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
    Thanks Pokesmot but I'm allergic to soy and many other foods.

Granny Thank you. I can't wait to read these new ones. I've many that I got off of here. I would love to be on your list that you send out. I'll PM you with my email address.

I use fish oils,hemp seed oil and hemp seed flour. I'm allergic to flax and many others.

The first link you gave me is the one I have and made me realize this would be good for bones. That's why I'm on the search for more info on roots. These are all wonderful reads to me.

I showed my DH your facebook page. Wonderful!

11. Then you might want to look into the neem tree as well as willow. :)

12. The facebook page is actually done by a gal in Australia, called Anne Marie! I send her an advance copy and she does all the rest! I am a total techno-idiot and I don't have a facebook page, or even a cell phone! LOL

Rose, you got mail, hon! Share the info with everyone who could benefit from it!

Granny

13. For this route, I'd recommend coconut or olive oil. Soybean and peanut oils are quite inflammatory in nature. Conversely, coconut and olive oils are strongly ANTI-inflammatory. :)

14. Thanks Granny. My DH and I took your July list to his VA PTSD Dr. for him to read. He's amazed by everything. His Dr. is also a Veitnam Vet.

I don't do cell phones. Proably because I can't. LOL But I'm pretty good with a computer. Tell Anne Marie she does great work.

I prefer coconut oil.

Thanks again everybody.