Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad idea to toke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thedeadwalkk, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Well ive been coughing up flem like no tomorrow for the past 2 days, and i want to blaze, but dont know if it would be bad. Also i think i may have bronchitis or strep.

2. Good question! :hello: I'm currently in your position.

3. If you have bronchitis, don't smoke. Strep, ehhh, it'll hurt your throat if you cough a lot so.... Its all if you cough a lot or not. If you have a vape, do that. If not, take it slow if you are going to toke.

If i was you, i would just take myself a nice T-Break and then get high as hell when you feel good!:D

4. apparently some studies have shown marijuana hurts your immune system, and smoke is never good for your lungs anyways.

5. i personally would take hits though out the day because when you hit the herb it will make you cough alot of that stuff up. but it does mess with your immune system, so pack down some OJ then hit the MJ.... lol thats how i do it...

6. thats what i was noticing yesterday while i toked. I would cough alot more, but i coughed more of the flem shit up, which made it easier to breathe after my sesh:smoke:

7. what method are you using to smoke?

8. Got a vape? When I had a really bad chest cold, I switched to vaping, and all that lung expansion+the expectorant properties of marijuana made me cough, but it made me cough up all the shit in my lungs.

I think this is a really bad idea if you have bronchitis, though, I'm not sure. And it'd probably hurt like a bitch with strep unless you coat your throat properly with some gatorade or some milk.. and even then the coughing would still suck.

If your mucus is clear, that means you have a cold, if your mucus is yellow, that means you have an infection, and if your mucus is green, that means you're getting over an infection I think.

9. i used a joint. But i have a bong that im going to use later tonight

10. the smoke should loosen some of the shit up in your lungs and just cough it up!

11. Whether you have bronchitis or strep, smoking anything, even something as healing as cannabis, will hurt you and make your sickness(whatever it may be) last longer.

Dont smoke anything, but you could make edibles, OR invest in a GOOD vaporizer, see FC - Vaporizer Review Forum

12. ahaha i had the same problem i just waited till i was over it and started up again!

13. when you use the bong, fill it with HOT WATER, not boiling, just the hottest you can get out of your tap. No cold water or ice! You want hot water to help your throat. Remember to also take small hits and exhale slowly so you dont hurt yourself more.

14. Do NOT do this, ALL this will do will make your hits harsher hahaha. Use cold water and ice.

15. holy shit really bad idea ... probably should never be done

OP: just use lots of ice to make the hits nice and cold

16. Smoking would be bad. Make an edible.

17. I have been getting over a pretty bad cough myself. I thought about stopping while I had it since I had a build up of fluid in my lungs that I was spitting up but I just continued to smoke and I have been getting over it all the same.