Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad Highs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LetItBe, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Does smoking stems and seeds really give you a bad sort of high? I realized today that when my friend ground up the weed really fine and got rid of all the stems, the high was WAY better and lasted longer and there was no horrible come-down with a headache and all.

2. stems and seeds may produce other cannibinoids to add to other parts of your high plus i have also gotten a severly bad high from one of my first times hitting extremely dank weed.

3. Non bud substances do tend to give you headaches and such, at least that's the case for me. Why would you wanna smoke with seeds and stems anyway, they don't getcha higher

4. Yeah I know, I just always quickly throw some weed in my bowl and sometimes stems end up in there. I should treat it like more of an art form :smoking:

5. With dank bud, I don't smoke the large main branch stems, but I smoke the little stems and won't care.

With mids, I remove every stem I can possible.

Removing the stems gives a cleaner high, but it also is smoking less efficiently. If you have plenty `of money for bud, or plenty of access, I'd always remove stems.

6. The major issue with smoking stems or seeds isn't really the quality of the high (although it can affect it slightly) but rather the harshness of the smoke.

Also, don't base your judgement on a unique occasion, the weed of your friend could of been cured/trimed/grew better.

7. Whenever I buy weed I immediately grind it up and throw it in a jar. I usually pick out as many seeds as I can, but I could give a fuck less about stems, unless you're rollin a blunt, in which case you dont want stems pokin holes in your shit.

But I remember back in the day, I removed all stems and seeds of every batch I bought and put them in their own little jar. I did this for about a month and one time during a drought I crushed it all into this powdery shit and smoked the hell out of it. I got kinda high, but almost immediately got a headache and felt nauseous. (weird fuckin word)

So yeah, smokin that shit could probably fuck your high up. But unless you smoke a lot of it, I dont think it does that much.

Also, I found out later that if you soak stems and seeds in vodka for a long ass time then you can get high off drinking it. Called green dragon or some shit like that.

8. dude. if i have stems, i get my scissors out and grind them into little pieces, then smoke a bowl. they dont get you baked, but they get you somewhat relaxed. your not high, but it calms you down.

9. It isssss an art form dude. Gotta perfect the art of toke.
    That's why I'm the Duke :cool:

10. It also feels like you're smoking a tree branch...

11. I want to try that vodka thing, also nauseous IS indeed a crazy word. That was funny:smoke: