Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad highs after years of smoking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by eddiekrank, Dec 20, 2013.

1. So I've been smoking for about four years, freshman-senior year of high school. I've had a bad high before maybe once or twice over those four years where i thought my heart was racing too fast or whatnot. This September I started college in NYC and I continued my habits of smoking about 4-5 times a week. Once halfway through October hit I found myself not enjoying my highs anymore, I just felt off. This feeling has escalated to that I think I'm having a heart attack most times I smoke now. Has this happened to anyone else? After the first thirty minutes of bugging I have my usual good high, but for the past 2 months the first half hour hasn't been enjoyable. I actually decided to stop smoking about two weeks ago because I felt it wasn't healthy for me to go through that half hour of paranoia every day. Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe the stress of college and other stuff in the back of my mind fucking with me? I'm now on break so I'm probably gonna smoke with my friends from high school sometime this week to see how it goes. Thanks guys.

2. Panic attacks. My friend and I just talked about this the other day. I say its feeling stressed and overwhelmed and then smoking can sometimes increase the racing mind. I would take it slow. Try relaxing and making a calm environment before sparking up :)Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. u need to learn how to calm yourself down by not letting your thoughts take control of your composure.

when your heart is beating fast, the problem escalates when u create panic with scattered thoughts.

breathing techniques, meditation. self control man. important life skill to have in countless situations. u gotta train your mind.

4. #4 LadyMarijuana, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    Happens to me quite often, but I haven't stopped smoking, I have anxiety and panic attacks sometimes, and those can feel like heart attacks, I just take slow deep breaths, think calming thoughts, drink some water and have some laughs, relaxs me and makes my high enjoyable again, I'll panic for maybe 10 mins but then it's all good, it's not anything to worry about, not you being unhealthy, or it hurting you. You'll be fine just calm yourself down and enjoy :)

5. I get something like that sometimes, mainly in times when I feel a little iffy about whether I should be smoking then (which is silly because 99% of the time of course I should). It didn't start happening till I'd been smoking for years, and it doesn't happen all the time. But sometimes it'll happen for a couple highs straight and it's really disconcerting. Sometimes it's made me very briefly consider stopping. But I just calm myself down and everything's fine. It's just anxiety, nothing's actually wrong. Everything's gonna be fine.Sent from my XT1055 using Grasscity Forum mobile app