Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad High??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by meow., Jun 3, 2009.

1. some help please...

so i just got back home and i haven't smoked in a while and decieded i

would earlyer that day. so i'm getting my shit ready and i'm fucking

FREAKED OUT because i havent smoked in my parents house ever. so i

keep thinking should i do it or not and it goes on like that for like 15 min

because i didnt want to get caught. finnaly i decided to and i hit my bong in

my basement and got blazed from some nice dank. i clean my shit up real

good and go upstairs to watch some tv. everything was going good and i

was really enjoying my high watching some funny youtube vids and all of

the sudden i thought i was going to have a heart attack. soon after i thought

i was going to die from a heart attack. i never actualy had one i just

thought i was about to and kept feeling my pulse. i turned everything off

and went to my room. i tried to relax to get my pulse down ( i am pretty

sure that it wasnt even high at all i was just trippin ) i still thought i was

going to die that night and was about to go tell my parents that i smoked

and i was going to have a heart attack. i eventully just passed out in my

bed and woke up the next morining fine. i dont know what to make of it.

just wondering if this has happed to anyone else and why it happened to me.
    thanks

2. Sounds like you had some cronic...I heard it weed can fuck with newer smokers like that if their not in the right state of mind or some shit...it's never happened to me though.

3. No matter how many people argue it, there is a such thing as a bad high.

4. Pretty sure this happens to everyone. I'm guessing your chest felt really hot and tight and your heart was beating incredibly fast? Dont worry about it. I have no idea what causes this, but just roll with it, there is no way it can hurt you. Its happened to me and all my friends at least once, if not multiple times. Just think about how fucked up you are and try listening to some relaxing music or playing a video game, rather than dwelling on your heartbeat. Youre fine lol.

5. Don't worry about it, you had a panic attack. When you're feeling too nervous or insecure, or if the high's just too strong, you can have a panic attack, and they SUCK. The one time I had some DAAANK weed and, stupid me, I've never been that high before, but I smoked a few cigs with it. BIG MISTAKE The buzz from that made the high feel so much stronger, I almost passed out. I just laid down on my friend's couch with my heart pounding, just freaking out till I fell asleep. I almost had a second one a month later just cause i was really nervous about the same situation you were in, but asll i did was lie on my bed, take deep breaths, and calmed myself down and all was fine.

Sorry for the long story, but I just wanted you to know you aren't along on this one, it's happened to lots of people, so don't stress too much :) Just try to chill out and be calm and just remind yourself that weed can't actually hurt you like that, you'll be fine :)

6. I would suggest this was related to your state of mind. As said above, just a little anxiety attack. Remember that weed works mainly on the mind, if thats not in a good place things can get a bit over the top. Obviously smoking at home is not the way to go for you.

7. Nah man thats what I thought, but sometimes it is uncontrollable, you get shaky, and sweaty and your heart is racing and you feel terrible.

8. We all get some highs like this more or less. Some people (mostly new or non-frequent smokers) have trouble handling the dank weed and have a rough time on it. You just have to calm yourself and know that you're fine. Convice yourself that it isn't laced because it isn't, you just can't handle the CHRON.:eek: One time my friend got so high off this six foot bong that we smoked during school (we didn't have a class that period) and when we came back to the school he was freaking out and went to the nurse. Try not to smoke the CRONIC by yourself if you haven't got the experience. CHILL.

9. Also, the only reason I didnt freak out or pass out the first time I got really blasted was because I had read a few threads like this beforehand. So when it happened I just kinda chilled and was able to relax. Thanks GC :D

10. First time I got high I was in my living room with my family and no friends around, and no one to tell me it was going to be alright. Without fail, I was freaking the fuck out, but thinking back on it now I just laugh.

Yes you can get a bad high, it's called paranoia, anxiety, etc.

I am a firm believer that you can "trip" on cannabis. It isn't anything like shrooms, but more or less your mind playing tricks on you. Like after you watch a scary movie and the stuffed animal in your closet looks a hell of a lot like Freddy Kruger.