Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad first time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CCTT12, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Im 18 and I smoked for the first time last Tuesday. I waited so long bc I played competitive sports and was a volunteer firefighter so I was tested frequently. The first time I couldn't even get it into my lungs so I didn't feel anything. However, later that night I tried again and took 5 or 6 big hits that I held in as long as I could. All at once everything slowed so significantly it was like my mind was on a 10 sec delay. I wasnt at all happy like my friends were. Then I felt like I was shaking and like I was time-jumping. I was in the garage one second, at the sink the next, the n in the basement the next. I had a panic attack (which I've never had before) and tried to go to sleep. I was ridiculously anxious the entire next day and a half for no reason and was miserable. Did I just take in way too much for my first time? I want to be able to smoke with my friends, but im nervous this will happen again. Sorry if I sound ridiculously ignorant about this stuff.

2. Well it kind be weird the first couple times cause you aren't used to the feeling.. you probably did smoke a little bit too much for your first time, but in my opinion the most important part of smoking is your mind state.  If you are worried about having an anxiety attack, then that might actually lead to one.  I think if you just really let yourself relax, kick back and listen to some relaxing music, and embrace the feelings youre getting, then you will have a much more pleasant experience

3. It's like most drugs. If your pumped for it you'll have a good time if your sketches and worried etc you won't have as good as a time though. And idk why but I love it when I sketch because I'm high honestly couldn't think of something more fun to do than talk to cops and shit

4. Mind set, setting, group, and amount can all be influences that can make you have a bad time. Seems like you smoked too much and aren't used to the feeling of being high. If you live your whole life sober any change can bother your mind quite a bit. Take smaller hits and only 2 wait an hour and if you wanna go with more go with more. You also need to relax and not worry about it happening again. It's like the saying if you believe it's going to happen again it will. Relax noones gone crazy or died from weed so smoke away happily.

5. Sounds like your not use to it. Takes time. I had a great time. To make sure you can enjoy an experience is to do these things
    1- be in a safe setting. Being in a park or parking lots are sketchy and can make you trip
    2- be around good people. If your around douche bag friends it can effect you. Good vibes equals good high.
    Finally 3- Relax. Take deep breaths. Sit back.
    Number 1 applies to all smokers experienced or not. 
    ALSO another big thing dont smoke too much just because your not feeling it just yet. Taking time is very important and will help a lot in the future.

6. #6 John1000, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
    Dont smoke in cars bro. i got the cops called on me last time i smoked in a car and went to jail for possesion. Be safe DO NOT smoke in cars.

7. I agree. Cant trust people when it comes to getting caught. Most likely the cops will get called. :mad:

8. dont hold it so long long cause thatll cause oxygen deprivation and for me that makes my high worse

9. Definitely too much for the first time. Take one or two hits and wait 10 minutes or so, see how it feels. Your brain doesn't really know what to expect so you've gotta take it slowly at first. I know the feeling you are describing and the anxiety about smoking again afterwards, I was  the same way a few years ago. Just take it slow, the best tip I could give is smoke in a setting where you feel comfortable. As long as you are not feeling nervous/ anxious before smoking you should be fine, otherwise you will feel 100 times worse.

Happy smoking  :bongin:

10. Next time don't smoke as much righ away. Maybe after one or two hits wait a few mins to see how you are feeling. Just smoke like that till you have the right high. Just play music or just try and stay as relaxed as possible and try and take everything that is going on, in

11. I got my friend high for the first time a little while ago. His experience was AMAZING according to him.
    Take 1 hit. Thats it. See how you feel. Most guys the first time are okay after just one. my buddy had a couple more tho. 
    Once i knew he was feelin it i just turned on some chill music and had him play around and explain to me what he was feeling. If he had a question he had an experienced toker right there to answer it. 

I Think this is the best way to start, smoke small and just enjoy yourself. Be with people you are really comfortable with, be in a safe place. 
    Chill. 
    Enjoy the tokin. 

12. #12 Tastytrichomes, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
    like most psychedelics, a heavy dose of weed can toss you out of reality for a while (but obviously not to the severity of other unmentionable psychedelics) which can make you feel incredibly anxious if you are unprepared

13. dude my first time was outside in the pouring rain at night out of a shitty pipe my friends made out of starbursts. when i toked for the first time i snapped the bowl and all the ash fell through into my lungs... most ive coughed in my entire life