Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad First Experience Last Night

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by canobiecrazy, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Well, yeah, I tried pot for the first time last night. It was a blunt, and I did it in the company of 3 other friends, two of which who were also smoking. So, we went to the dealer and he gives us the weed. We start walking back to where we were smoking. On my first hit I literally gagged. The taste... was AWFUL.. I was only able to hold it for a few seconds. I took three hits in all, and I nearly threw up from the flavor. I started walking home, and the only thing that I noticed was that patterns and snowbanks looked cool and I could see shapes in some of them and stuff. I saw this one snowbank that looked just like a pokemon (forgot which one) and I laughed for like 30 seconds. This lady walking on the same side of the road crossed the street, which made me laugh more. When I got home I took a really hot shower and it felt good... Until I realized that my shoulders were ACHING REALLY BAD. I got out and put my pajamas on and sat down with a package of Nutty Bars. My heart started racing at this point too. About 15 minutes after this(I think, I hear you can loose your sense of time?) my head hurt like SHIT. Seriously, it felt like my head was splitting in half. It was awful, I hobbled over to the cabinet, got out two Ivprofien and took them with a glass of water. The pains didn't go away for like, what felt like an hour.

So yeah, overall I had a bad experience. My Girlfriend who introduced me to weed (she doesn't smoke anymore) said that it had seeds in it or something. Is this just a bad experience or am I allergic to weed or something?

Thank you for your time :D

2. Yea anytime I smoke seeds I get a headache as well.

Bad experience first time, but don't let it scare you away, next time use a bong with water, makes it much smoother.

3. Sounds like just a bad first experience. The taste is distinct, but I've found that once you're used to it you start to like it. As for the headache stuff, ya that could of been from some seeds/stems, either way I wouldn't let it deter you from trying it again.

4. Sounds like a seed. Don't let this keep you from smoking the herb again. Try smoking a bowl. Taste alot more better than a blunt, I personally think blunts taste like shit so I know where your coming from.

5. That's what happens when you smoke blunts.

6. Alright, thanks everyone. Im going to buy a water pipe soon, so in the meantime I guess I'll just use flavored papers. Also, better weed. Maybe one of the strains that taste like fruit.

7. Go for it man. Welcome to the wonderful world of cannabis! :wave:

8. Do you smoke tobacco regularly? If not, it could be that the nicotine in the blunt didn't mix well with your first herb experience.. even if you do smoke tobacco, with your first attempt with herb it's sometimes better to try one substance at a time.

9. Nope, Ive never smoked Tobacco. And yeah, that makes sense with how the mix of the two effected me negatively. Thanks ^_^

10. heres what whent wrong
    1. seed prolly made u have headache
    2. any weed that has seeds is much less potent and therefore shittier. i hate the taste of shitty weed and it gives me a headache as well
    3. blunt wraps have tobacco and therefore affect the taste ALOT. tobacco can also make u feel like shit

i suggest next time buy better weed and pick out all stems(can cause headaches) and seeds(buy weed without em!! get dank!) and smoke out of a clean glass pipe, bong etc. as for the heart racing thats normal as well as paranoia. just tell urself to chill and ull have fun

11. Well I would say from the start dont smoke weed in a blunt wrap. The add chemicals to give that papar it taste that isnt so good for you, but I still smoke blunts time to time. I vaporize my weed now and havent smoke barely at all since I started vaping.

12. Clean the weed better man. Seeds give headaches. And yeah, blunts can taste bad, but after a couple puffs you dont really notice. Yes, definetly get a bong. Itll taste sooo much better.

13. I didn't roll it, maybe he didn't clean(Is this the right verb?) it properly before rolling it...

14. yuck first time and a blunt no good i smoked a bong my first time and it was intence

15. I've never got a headache from cannabis, it's actually a painkiller. Try it again.

16. trust me bud you get some bad headachs from ditch weed bro we got an oz of some shitty weed had to smoke like 5 bowls to yourself to get high at all all it gave you was a bad head high and it hurt

17. I had a friend like you, just couldn't enjoy weed because of the burning taste and general nastiness that comes with the first few tries (must have been way worse with a blunt :eek: ) but water pieces helped take away the pain and let him focus on the enjoyment :)
    Good luck and I hope the herb treats you well.

18. i would say "pick it out properly" over clean. and ya its possible but i would say about 80% why u got a headache is it was shitty weed and 19 % cuz of the tobacco in the blunt wrap. honestly stems barely do anything and a seed u would have seen it pop or spark loudly when u hit it... the other 1% are probably these factors

19. my first time smoking was with a gravity bong o my that was crazy i was trippin hard. But now im an everyday smoker <3 ganja

20. Oh dude! i know exactly what your talking about... it happens to me occasionally. It feels like there's a shit load of pressure on your head? I hate it... happens when im high. Just drink a lot of cold water and relax with your eyes closed.... goes away in minutes.