Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad experience with edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Slushy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. #1 Slushy, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
    Sup blades, I've been eating edibles for the last few months now and I've eaten products with upwards of three grams and don't really feel that much (got the cookies and suckers from a dispensary).

Last night, I decided to make canna oil. I ground up about a gram of some dank bud, put it in a cup cake molding, covered the bud with olive oil, and covered the outside of the dish with tin foil. After I had it in the oven for 28 minutes at 350 degrees I took it out and strained the concoction.

After that was all said and done I ate it with some ice cream and didn't really feel that much until two hours afterward. My buzz starts to increase and I go into full couch lock mode, feeling pretty good at this point. I'd say that I was buzzed for about 4 or 5 hours after that.

Enter dinner; I had a brothy soup and some bread and downed that - I've made it before with no problems in my system afterwards. Now it is about 10:00pm (I ate the oil at 3:30pm) and my stomach feels like shit. I proceed to do the doo and still feel absolutely terrible. I start feeling like I'm gonna hurl and then vomit comes rushing out. At this point I can barely breathe and my face went from :( to :eek: in literally a second. I stood up and felt really light-headed and was like, "fuck this shit, I'm passing out." As I'm standing up, blood rushes to my head and I pass out cold and hit my head on the side of my bathroom sink, instant K.O.

Fast forward to about 3:00am, I wake up and there is a huge pool of blood right next to me - my bathroom looks like a fucking murder scene - blood is on the walls, mirror, sink knob, and everywhere in between. I stand up quite slowly to avoid another head rush and am relieved to find out that I feel better now.

So here I am blades, typing this shit out not knowing what to think. Do you guys think it could have been a bad reaction to bud or it wasn't my day and I had a minor flu (I didn't feel sick coming into my decision to make the oil).

TL;DR: I ate canna oil and later had a shit-storm which lead to me passing out and knocking myself out on the corner of my sink.

2. holy crap that oil is killa i nwat some of that:D

3. this.

4. My own oil is too good?

5. This is why so many patients have stopped buying edibles, from so many clinics... once they make a few themselves (or once they find a different clinic that carries edibles which either contain the actual doses they claim to, or that have actually been made properly), they realize how badly they're being ripped off elsewhere! :)

I'm betting that, even in spite of the fact that the process you used leaves a ton of room for improvement, that you've discovered just how poor (or dishonest) your usual edibles are!

If you didn't decarb or activate your herb before heating in the oil, you also likely sent your brain for quite a ride, as your body continued absorbing that material... even though the material was likely not even fully activated, partially activated edibles, taken in high doses, containing few to no experience-regulating byproducts of degradation, can produce anxiety, room-spins, nausea, light-headedness, and passing out, etc... It's probably a good thing you didn't have any more than you did. :D

How much do you usually smoke in a day, and do you ever take days off (from smoking/eating canna)?

6. I usually smoke a couple of times a week. First time making oil. I made some more oil today and this time put ground herb in a ceramic dish in the oven for 10 minutes at 250 with foil over the top. Is that long enough or should I decarb for longer? When I took it out the weed seemed more moist than when I put it in haha. After that I put olive oil on and put back in the oven for 30 minutes at 325. Just consumed 5 minutes ago (I made a smoothie with oil and some milk as my liquids).