Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad effects of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bowlsmoke99, May 21, 2008.

1. Name all the bad effects of marijuana. other than smoke in your lungs.

2. i'm not sure about this,

but it probably slows down your reaction time.

3. people are always so impressed with my reaction time, a negative effect could be short term memory loss, i never had a great short term memory(amazing long term) but i think my short term got worse, i'm always saying shit like "FUCK I FORGOT TO.." wen i was just asked to do it.. and i think my lungs have improved,maybe not oxygen capacity wise since i can only run short distances, but i no longer have the need for an inhaler and i grew up dependent on inhalers every summer

4. Aparently i messes your skin up too.

5. Well lets face it, the worst think of marijuana is the... law. If you take some good job, they'll test you, and not get you to work there. If they test you for somethink at school and they identify the THC, they'll at least do some problems. If cops/parents/boss or even some non-smoking friends(I dont have friends that have problem with smoking, but..) can make you problems, too. You can even get something like 20 years, cuz of marijuana(if you are growing, dealing and so on). Also, if someone rob all your shit with a gun, you cant call the cops, to work this out. And many other problems, cuz its illegal. And it probably can be a gateway drug, I mean, when you see how much weed is innocent and nothing like what the goverment says it is, you can go and try snorting coke or something even more dangerous, and you can get fucked up by that. And by the way, fucked up short-term memory can be fun sometimes:)

6. It would actually be considered your "Working memory" in that situation not your short-term :) people make that mistake a lot.

7. It's freakin' hard to do well in a job interview if you go in there stoned (speaking from experience)

..actually, I'd say having to socialize with any non-smokers after you've been smoking is the worst thing about marijuana. That's why I try to limit my smoking to when I know I won't have to talk to anyone (except other smokers).

8. what he said

9. Yeah inablility to talk with much sense is probably the worst effect I've ever experienced.

10. The only bad effects are short term memory loss and ...I guess the look of being stoned

11. under the influence well theres alot that are negative to some (slow reaction time, lack of focus etc) but the negative effect it has on u not under the influence are short term memory loss and bronchitics like symptoms (if u dont use a vape) thats all.

12. paranoia can be a negative effect though some people like it.

13. definitely short term. I can tell it's taken it's toll on me and its not a good one

14. short term memory loss for 2 weeks after you smoke

15. Marijuana has significant side effects. Depending on how you live your life, they can be a problem.

Most negative effects can be very successfully countered with a combination of:

1. Established tolerance
    2. Low-dose medication strategy

Get used to smoking, and smoke small amounts, usually smaller than what you "want". You get the benefits of pain relief, sleep help, increased attention for some strains... without feeling dumb and stoned, unable to remember what you were doing.

16. hmm short term memory loss (temporary), mental health issues, and can cause bad social problems (with friends, family, work etc).

17. what are we discussing again?

oh nvm there's a cookie.

18. if i smoke to much in one sitting ill still be quite high the next day and my short term memory is jst terrible. thats when i give it a weeks rest, no problem. thats the only bad effect, all the other effects are just gooooood.

19. depression and other mental illnesses.