Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad consequences of MJ

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tomzik, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Hi,

My best friend has been smoking daily for 20 years and it seems MJ is controlling his life. Weed is more important to him than anything else. He'd rather stay home and smoke than dating a hot chick, or traveling to a cool place.

To those of you that smoke a lot, how important is weed for you? would you renounce to other cool activities if it means you won't be able to smoke for a few days or weeks?

2. You seem jealous. He is perfectly happy and content with himself and getting high. Its his life, not yours man.

3. Actually he's not perfectly happy but that's not the point. I'm just wondering if other people are in that situation, and how they feel about it.

4. hes got a point. and if your friend isnt content then he obviously needs to cut back or quit all together if its that bad. I mean come on its not heroin

5. It just broadens my perspective of life and myself as a person. Helps me make the right choices and I am going down the correct path in life as apose to the rest of my friends - everyone is different. Weed has helped me better myself so it is important to me.

6. I didn't intend to bitch about my friend, I mentioned this as an introduction to the question i wanted to ask. I was just wondering if some people here (long time smokers) think weed turned out to have bad unintended consequences on their lives.

Obviously, this is a pro MJ forum, and I love smoking weed too. Nonetheless, I don't think it's taboo to discuss the harm it might cause to some people.

7. I don't think I will ever get to the point when marijuana controls my life I can only smoke for a few days at a time. But I'm hoping I can meet a cool stoner chick and I would love to travel the world and smoke I will always be doing something

8. Just be honest with him and ask him to cut back. Tell him to take a t break, and he'll get so fucked up when its over.

9. Marijuana is my medicine. It's just as important as a bottle of pain meds or anti-depressants to someone. It's really my happiness. What someone prioritizes is their choice though. If someone is happy then I'm happy for them. There's no need to bash someone for medicating.

10. you should be able to control the drug, not let the drug control you.

honestly I have been to his point, where id rather chill at home getting baked by myself instead of going out with my buddys, spending $$$ doing random shit, smoking them all up, rarely have weed to throw in but LOVE to smoke yours. But then I soon got pretty depressed not doing shit after work, just going home getting high by myself every night

moderation is the key for everything in life

11. Addiction and a crutch. Lame stoners are the worst.

12. Honestly, it depends where I would be going and what I would be doing, and who I would be with.

I love marijuana, but it's far from the top of my priority list.

13. That's why I don't like to smoke excess amounts of weed. For me, it's a lot more enjoyable when I have a couple hits at night and maybe a wake and bake. But I just feel unmotivated when I smoke too much.

14. Your friend is pretty beta