Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad bong taste?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tgrape18, Nov 14, 2010.

1. So I love my bong, it's great. It's a 12" glass Canadian, very basic in function, nothing too fancy. However, if I take a hit, god help me if there's ANY smoke left in the chamber. Clearing it out after my initial hit is like licking the devils asshole. It's so much harsher and has the most awful taste. Is there any way to fix or minimize this? Would buying a diffuser downstem help in any way?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I blow through my fist into the downsteam, and it blows the stale smoke out of the top of the bong.

Or stop taking such big hits if you cant clear it all, your wasting the bud.

3. That's a brilliant idea. Thanks.

4. Or you could take the downstem out and blow through the hole.

5. Clean the fuck out of your bong.

Get some better herb.

Add a shit load of ice if you have an ice catcher.

• Like Like x 1
  6. how long do you wait between the first clearing and the clearing of the remaining smoke? It takes about 10 seconds for smoke to start getting nasty, so if you clear it, hold for 3 secs, blow it out and re clear it you'll be set

7. Those two should help out quite a lot. I'd give it a very good cleaning first with alcohol and salt. Once everything is good to go just add some ice and you should be good to go.

Ice in itself will make it very smooth and in my experience takes a lot of the taste away, but that might be just me. I know I don't clean my acrylic bong often and when I add ice I can't taste the nasty resin build up.

8. This has nothing to do with the bong or the weed. It is the nature of smoke that it turns rankly bitter if allowed to cool.

No way around it that i know of. Just prioritize lighting hits you know you can clear. Wastage is close to devilishness.
    Don't reply to people assuming theyre idiots and didn't try those things. It doesn't help anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good job responding to a thread from 7 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10. I have this weird problem with my bong, last one did not do this but i broke it and had to buy a new one, once in a while it turns into some sort of turbo bong and creates like a vortex of smoke just above the water, almost instantly burning the whole bowl and turning smoke yellow and thick. If i see this happening i leave it the fuck alone because it tastes like shit and has already turned to stale smoke. This only happens once in a while, and my other bong did not do this. I don't know what causes it but its NASTY!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have had this same problem off and on for years and it's taken me until recently to figure out how to avoid it but it's the simplest thing, at first I thought it had to do with packing overly huge bowls but then I realized it was almost entirely dependent on how I light the bowl. I pretty much always use a torch lighter because I find being able to light the whole bowl when clearing a full bowl is very helpful and I have found that I only get this nasty bitter resin taste when I hold the flame on the bud (always ground in a grinder) for too long and end up lighting the edge of the bowl before the center has had time to burn much, this causes the burning bud to stick to the side of the bowl heating it up and vaporizing nasty resin built up underneath it, even worse in ash catchers which is what I use because of the empty space under the bowl, but if I light only the center of the bowl very quicky leaving a ring of green around the edge when I start taking my hit it always does this thing where it sort of bunches up into a ball while burning so it doesn't touch the sides of the bowl and when this happens I never ever get a nasty taste it's always as clean tasting as can be, I've since become very good at always lighting the bowl this way and I literally never get that nasty taste anymore

• Like Like x 1
  12. I made an account specially to thank you!!! You have solved my problem, i instantly recognised this was the issue that was resulting in the most filthy chemical taste when u mentioned it sticking to the side of the bowl which happend all times i had those hits but not realising it. I wasnt sure whether to blame the bong, the stuff i clean it with or the weed but it was non of em, Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Silver hasn’t been on since February of this year.. might be back tho

14. ive just come back and found silver's post! going to give this a try from today because I still have this problem now and again for like the last 2 years.

15. I instantly realised soon after I read this too, now I know how. To light a good bowl

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Made an account just to say this, 5 years later and it was still very helpful.

• Friendly Friendly x 1