Bad ass FPS Idea

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by fredthefish, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hey Guys,

I'm new around these parts however it seems like a great place for creative ideas, I am a programmer and I am really getting into game development.

I would love to collaborate with a few guys that are into games and come up with a kick ass fps idea.

Im a huge Stargate fan and a few months ago i started coding a Stargate game, i would love to come up with some ideas along those lines, something kinda of Sci-fi but not too out there so normal gamers can enjoy the FPS

Here is a link to the little progress I made on it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPMMAxIVojM]Stargate Game - YouTube[/ame]

2. I like your game idea, as another big fan of Stargate I wish there were more games out there based on this franchise.

The best and only real game experience I've found that adequetely simulated stargates and used it in a FPS scenario is the Startgate Mod for Garry's Mod. They've added stuff to it over time so now there is almost every weapon and gadget from the different stargate series including the Sodan Cloaking device, Asgard beaming, and Ronan's Gun.

If you want to see some great ideas that you could include in your game then I'd check it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAvNH6x1T8]Stargate Mod, Garrys Mod - YouTube[/ame]

3. How wasn't there a AAA Stargate/SG-1 game? Would have sold like fools gold.

Need a scenario/plot/dialog/narrative writer? Realised a few weeks ago that if I want to make it as a writer that I actually need to write and not jusy "plan to", so I'm looking for anything to get my teeth into. I love sci-fi and gaming so this seems right up my street haha.

4. thanks for the link barry, i actually tried that a while ago, it looks much better now, might be time for another play :p

there were actually three i think Helikaon, two never made it at all and one did but it wasn't very good it was a thrid person shooter online only, the servers closed about a year after it came out :(

im not actually looking to make a stargate game anymore, i really want to make a scifi genre game but something original, id love to chat about ideas if your up for it!

5. I've always thought time travel type scifi stories were really entertaining and a time travel game would be pretty cool, but hard to pull off right. There was a pc game I played when I was growing up that was a puzzle type game where you could travel in time to different places to gather information to solve the puzzles and progress kinda like the Myst series but time travel.

6. Looks great man, kinda looks like css.
    CSS open world would be crazy fun.