backyard motion sensor security?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by KBslinga, Aug 26, 2011.

1. hey guys,
    just curious if anyones got a motion sensors in their back yard for security?

im really paranoid about my security this year, because my plants got ripped last year and i dont want to go thru that again.

i feel like a motion sensor flood light would be ineffective, and was looking into a system like this that would actually turn on up to 10 lights inside my house to scare away any rippers

Buy a X10 EagleEye Wireless Motion Sensor (4087) from The Home Depot

let me know what u guys think or if anyone has any experience with these:wave:

2. in the security section of absolute beginners they have a laser light sensory movement detector and it alerts you if there is anyone who walked thr the laser

3. Go to harbor frieght and get the driveway alerts.

4. just be careful whether lights are indoor or outdoor that they don't expose your ladies too much and throw off plants during off hours.

5. A shotgun and some joints.
    or
    A ghille suit and sleep with your babies.
    or
    Motion sesitive alarm, like the ones for motorbikes. Tie it to the branches if someone moves it, it will deafen them.

6. Holly crap. I just looked into this last night. Didnt even think about driveway alerts.

Im going to try this one and modify it so it blasts on my home stereo. I want to know when some one messes with my shit

7. I have the HF ones in my yard. I know when anything is back there. They take some tweaking to get just right. But they work great.

No need to hook to stereo. You can carry the reciever in your pocket. The beep in pretty loud.

8. If I didn't always misplace my cell, keys, and tv remotes, I would do that. :smoke:

9. Thought I'd give you guys a laugh and show you my "security system" HA! Have this guy in my indoor/outdoor room that looks directly out to my backyard garden(dummy), and my tent and accessories 3 ft from my garden, thought it might at least make someone think twice.. Better than nothing(?)

Attached Files:

10. Add a cheap mp3 player some computer speakers and a long looping track of snooring/breathing and I bet that tent'd work better than a dog.

11. Thats great man. Lobe the pro active thinking. Great work. It may not be much but atleast your thinking. I know a tent would make me think twice for sure.

Nothing beats a good dog. My dogs all get there own pot roast and harvest time. They sleep in my room all year until flower season comes. Then they work.

12. hey guys so i think im going with this motion sensor
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/GSI-Quality-Wireless-Driveway-Flashing/dp/B0046V0IHY/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0]Amazon.com: GSI Super Quality Wireless Outdoor Driveway Patrol Alarm And Chime System With Flashing LED Light - Waterproof IR Motion Detector Activates Portable Indoor Receiver - Protects Alleyway, Lawn, Patio, Deck Etc.: Electronics[/ame]

and also thinkin about getting a couple of motion sensor flood lights. i know i cant have flood lights near my plants turning on all the time because itll mess with flowering, but im gunna mount them outside of the entrance to my yard :smoke:

13. guard dogs no?

14. You can buy the same kind at Harbor Freight for like $10 with coupon.

15. Dogs are probably best, but I'm a crazy cat girl! Diana no likee the doggies! Maybe a real big cat...there are mountain lions in my area!