Backyard Composting

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Chunk, remember Weedroid? Who could forget Wee? Lol - anyhoo, he used to use one of the big drum type compost turners in his city apartment and had good luck using it indoors. He had a big one too - composting in it plus mixing, cycling and storing his organic soil in it for later use.

J

I miss WeeDroid.......and yes, I remember he used a tumbler. Furthermore, he didn't own a car and hauled all his supplies by bicycle. Talk about reducing your carbon footprint, eh?

3. "Cement mixing thing would work"

Hi PR - yep, those low black plastic cement mixing tubs do come in handy. I'm not sure if you've seen it but in my flower room I grow on a very low table - 12" high at the high end, 10" at the low end with a 2"X4" on the 2 sides and high end. I use a piece of bright white roofing material as a cover for the table which directs any water/runoff to the center of the low end of the table.

I use one of those cement mixing tubs to collect the runoff. It's low enough to slide most of it under the table, and it only sticks out maybe six inches. They're cheap, too. Nice setup!

J

4. #85 Popeye, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  5. It is. I needed to drill more hole in it tho. But they have smaller sizes that would work great indoors

6. #88 GiMiK, Aug 27, 2013

Yes, apparently you can compost almost anything, including most allelopaths, provided you give the pile enough time to destabilize . Which, at least in this specific case, is amazingly useful for me. Instead of having to compost on a buddies property and hauling it home I'll just make a huge pile or 3 here using my most plentiful resource...black walnut trees.

When I start breeding (and using my own compost), I'm going to make a strain that name happen...Black Walnut...though I'd have it be at least a bit ironic.

Good to hear some more confirmation on the chuck it in and turn method of approaching compost....that's my idea as far as clearing my buddies plot goes. 3 acres of whatever, piled up and wet as we go. :laughing: 

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. #90 GiMiK, Aug 27, 2013
    lol...another...

:hippie:

8. #91 Dr. Who, Aug 27, 2013
    Good stuff folks! Love my organic family! Oh, and thanks squid!

9. #92 Chunk, Aug 27, 2013

Oh yeah! Now.....where's Pink, noob, smokey and Fay?....gots to have our grow sisters too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNAQ8LLptUo

10. Anytime grunt

11. I know Pink is around....I think

12. Been missing Skunkpatronus lately. Anybody see her around?

13. thanks really digging this thread. just started my first ever compost pile today.

14. thanks really digging this thread. just started my first ever compost pile today.

15. LOL Chunk, great video :D We look good, don't we :p

Me, I just posted my pic on the last page, Faye is busy shaking rain off her budz, probably. Bad, BAD weather this year for her and her outdoor grow is really taking a hit. I've seen Smokey and Noob here and there lately. Not SkunkPatronus though :( I wouldn't mind hearing her take on backyard composting. She was in the middle of process of making PinkRussian strain too when the switch happened :( I wish I knew if she made one.

16. She's a good woman. I too miss seeing her around. She's one of our original sistah's here.

I believe since WA changed some laws she went back underground. If you see this Ms. Patronus, we miss you.

J

17. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum Trukfit. For the minimal of work involved compared to the end product and what it does for us it only makes sense to do so.

Again - welcome.

J

• Like Like x 1