Backyard Composting

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Yes, the Goblins and Afgooey are from SG1, The One is from Coot, and 3 Elders is one I breed from my old male seeds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

2. it's always nice to see pictures though. just saying, post some pictures once in awhile :smoke:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I ran the One... very nice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Hey since I have 3 of em did Blue ever mention what he crossed it with?

The One from Coot was clone only.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Flower area 1 November 16, 2015.jpg Goblin Girl bud November 16, 2015.jpg
    I posted many, many pictures on my thread. Here is a couple. One is a bud shot of Goblin Girl and the other is my flower area. Possuum - hope you enjoy these pictures.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. #2107 Pakalolo, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Coot crossed a Kandahar male with a Thai stick female to get The One. He talks about it on a KIS Organics podcast if you want to hear from him directly.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. good to see you and your great looking work @Pakalolo! i always like to look see what other grow bros are up to :smoke:.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. What Pak said!

9. I hear ya man. Mountain Organics took The One and put it into seed form. I was curious what work/strain was used to achieve this.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. A lot would depend on what was used for the pollen donator. I crossed The One with some males I grew from seeds. The males were 3/4 Thai x 1/4 Acapulco Gold from back in the 80's. I'm searching through the seeds via a friend who grows for the recreational market. Good genetics always produces good plants. Too much that is out there has been done by pollen chuckers. No thought has gone into what males and females you breed. A lot out there is just the same plant with multiple names. The One has the great resin set and the males I used were close to the original land races. While I don't consider myself to be a breeder I am careful about how I chuck my pollen.

• Like Like x 6
  11. What would be a real close alternative availiable commerically for someone to buy?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buying seeds is always a crap shot. Even with the seeds I breed it is never guaranteed that you will get something worth keeping. As Coot says, he got lucky with The One. It's so hard to know the real genetic history of plants now days. I worked with known quality females and close to the land race males. I'm now getting males from those seeds and will be collecting pollen if I like the looks of the males. It is better if you clone plants of known quality then pop seeds from the market out there. You need to run through many seeds to find a plant worth keeping. Coot popped 100 Kandahar seeds and 100 Thai stick seeds for his breeding. Then he took 100 of those crosses and popped them. That's 300 seeds to find The One. Unless you have the ability to pop 100's of seeds it will be difficult to find keepers. Sometimes though seeds are all you've got to work with. These are just my opinion and you're always encouraged to ignore them. My experience is based on my history with the herb and yours may be different.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. You said the C-word. I love comfrey. Best useful plant ever ("Arguably", more than weed.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thanks for your reply man, appreciate.
    What's a man to do in a very illegal environment, just stick with the frankestein beans? No chance for clones this side of the atlantic (yet anyway).

• Like Like x 1
  15. You can always back breed feminized seed. And make crosses with the female pollen. I know this kind of thing is not well excepted by most folks. It works very well for me and I've gotten some very beautiful plants from it. Cannot provide pictures as I'm in the same area as you tzorge. Illegal state.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Compost pile turned 2 days ago, added grass clippings as nitrogen source. This pile is around a year old now. The mud on top is from washing out my chipper/shredder after turning this pile through it. The second pile is from a Mulberry tree that the top snapped off from. I'll be using that for mulch for my containers. I waste nothing.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3

17. i'm commenting for no particular good reason. just yakking.

wherever you're located there's brick weed on the street and it's usually loaded with beans. every bit of "squish weed", as i like to call it, is outdoor grown, open pollinated, catch-as-catch-can, who-knows-what genetics hybrid but occasionally a few decent phenotypes can be found. so there's that to consider esp if the thought of paying $10+ a seed makes you nauseous like it does me.

then there the illegality aspect. again just an opinion but here it is. keep your personal grow at the misdemeanor level. check National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws - NORML - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws for details for your state. then if you should by very, very, rare chance have the popo kick your door down then you havent too much to worry about. personal use cannabis is an 'affirmative defense' in most cases. there's places to purchase seeds right here in the us so international isnt even involved. i'm in a rapidly changing illegal state so i've learned to grow within those boundaries. it still gets a little edgy but you just have to stay low and grow what you got to grow with.

idk. just thinking :smoke:

• Like Like x 5
  18. I'm in europe, amd appreciate your reply... the brick weed here is Albanian, and i have my share of seeds.

Won't be doing this sort of pheno search, not with my puny 2.5x2.5x5.9 feet tent.

I would like to get my hands on some unadulterated genetics.... me and every other grower....

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Good post. The dam link tracked me and came straight up to my state and my locator is turned off. Reading the laws in my state is scary as hell, you legal folks have it made.

• Agree Agree x 2