Backpacking in Europe?

Discussion in 'General' started by newspapertaxi, Feb 27, 2007.

1. So I decided i wanna go backpacking throughout Europe for more than a month or so in July/August and obviously end in Ampsterdamn. What cities in other parts of Europe have chill scenes for stoners and people looking to have a great time, yet also see some crazy shit.

Has anyone ever done this kind of trip before? I figure this is one of the last summers i can do some crazy shit like this. How should I make money while there? Where should I try to crash

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Well first, have you seen the movie hostel?

3. Go to hell

4. you should go to a nude beach

5. im pretty sure its diffrent i had a friend that went to ampsterdamn when he was 8,and i want to go in the near future.

6. Hah, yeah I'm sure it is, I was just kidding. I would really like to go to Europe in the near future as well. I just hope there arent any of those underground child gangs like in that movie, those kids were crazy!

7. Europe is ridiculous as a whole. My experience was mainly in Florence where we bought a good oz of some incredible(and my first and only batch of) hash in a square one night. Oh man, just go, forget planning, you'll love it

8. thanks for the replies guys.

Any other ideas???

9. id work at a bar or cafe.

10. it might be kind of hard finding places that are pretty cheap to go to/stay in in europe. Id cruise the eastern side if your hard on cash other wise I would start in southern spain and work my way out and hit up italy, swiss land, germany and all that good stuff along the way.

11. sounds awesome....believe it or not, my parents did this for their honeymoon...they coulda gone anywhere but chose to go backpacking haha, they hit up like 20 something countries if that makes sence i dont know...but my mom has ike 20 or so badges on her walking stick from all the places in europe...seems like a real fun thing...they were toners back in the day too..

12. I've been to Europe countless times, I was actually born in Europe and lived in several places for a while. And I've also done several AMAZING backpacking trips. I know you want to backpack all over Europe, but don't forget to plan.. A LOT. Just headin' out can leave you ass-fucked and lost as hell.

If you have a month to backpack and want to hit up the most amazing single 35 day backpacking trip. And you have the balls. Do a google search on "El Camino de Santiago" It's an old pilgrimage trail that's 800 km and start on the border of France and Spain and goes allll the way across the top of Spain and ends in "Santiago de Compostella". This trail has it's own culture, an amazingly beautiful unique one. This trail is also the most beautiful one I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot all over the world). I promise you you'd have the time of your life. And everytime you hit a big city you can find a nice big chunk of moroccan hash for a couple euros. You can get a three course dinner and wine every night for $5-$7. The wine is cheaper than water... on one part of the trail, there's a nice fountain that dispenses water out of one side and wine out the other (free unlimited wine for everybody).

The list goes on and on forever... this backpacking trip is simply one of the top experiences you can have in life. It's in my top three, right up there with watching the Wall on acid.

Sooo... that's my recommendation. It's hard, it's long... but it's amazing. So, look it up, read about it. Shoot me a PM if you're interested or have questions.

13. I'm goin to France for the summer, pretty much same time. I am doin a study abroad through my college but i plan on hittin up Amsterdam for a weekend. It will be the trip of a lifetime!! Enjoy whatever you do but have fun.

14. This summer I'm gonna be hittin up Amsterdam, London, Paris and a couple places in Italy. I've always spent my time in europe with the people, to experience the culture, in small towns and in the country side. This time I just want to hit the big attractions and see what all the regular tourists talk about. Haha... kind of pathetic. But I mean, I got the opportunity, and the money to fund it... so I don't see why not. It's all about new experiences.

15. anybody else going anywhere outside of europe? i'm going through ausralia and southeast asia. then go toward europe in a few months.

16. Be careful. My brother lives in France right now and frequently takes short trips to other countries. On his latest excursion to Slovenia no one would give him a hotel room. So he put all his ski gear in a hidden spot, and went back out to search for a room, finally found one for an insane price. (think in hundreds of euros) He went back to his gear and all of it was gone, and deliberatly picked out. He says the best way to not get fucked with is learn as much of their language you can and always speak to them in their language first, never english first.

17. nip up to england while ur at it, you can try my recently grown cheese :D

18. Any other thoughts?

19. sounds tight man i hope u have fun. i also want to hit up europe some time.

20. P.S. - Don't bring a lot of luggage like a dumbass. You will hate yourself for bringing anything more than a backpacking back pack. Not to mention you'll look like a stupid american. Everyone hate's americans in Europe, trust me, all my family is German, along with myself. They make fun of me for living in the U.S. whenever I'm there, and not in a nice way. Just say you're Canadian if asked, which they usually won't, they just assume. They think I'm american from the way I dress, but as soon as I open my mouth I speak flawless German with a german accent. So, I'm good anywhere in Europe.