Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Back pain

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by biosphere, Dec 2, 2006.

1. I have some pretty annoying lower back pains that I usually have to end up taking asprin, ibuprofen, or excedrin for. They hardly seem to do anything. The only thing that gives me temporary relief is a nice hot bath, but then it comes back. I was wondering if you guys think marijuana would have much of an effect on this? I know it gives me the best sleep in the world, and I'd be willing to smoke right now to see if it would help my back but I've been off the tree for quite sometime now because I have drug tests to pass. Just curious. Cant wait to start smoking again.:eek:

To be honest, I think the problem is this fucking computer chair. :D:D

2. my comp. chair sucks more balls then a whore on a friday night

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hmph, a hard one.

Conditions like RSI cannot be treated terribly effectively with anything, because all you are doing is masking the pain; while you keep doing the activity that caused it, it will never go away completely.

I'd be more inclined to suggest a better computer chair and desk set-up.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. If you smoke a strong indica dominant strain it will contain very high levels of CBD, which is a very powerful anti-inflammatory, which is wonderful for back pain. I'd also suggest getting a better chair and doing some lower back muscle exercises, that'll sort out the problem at the root.

5. I have inflamed discs in my lower back due to a work injury I had a couple of years ago. My doctor's recommendation is for back pain. Cannibas provides effective pain relief for me in the short term. I would recommend trying it to someone else with back joint pain because I also was taking other anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen and it was quite unpleasant. I believe ibuprofen is not too great for your liver either.
    -viperware-

6. Regardless of what you use to control pain (and ganja is about the best), you need to get to the root of the issue. You need to strengthen your back muscles. There are lots of exercises that can help. Yoga is excellent.

I suffered a fairly massive back injury many years ago, but within a few months was cartwheeling and back-flipping, no problems. A strong back is the answer. That and a decent computer chair.

-mu

• Like Like x 1
  7. ^^^^^ What he said, a car accident many years back allmost had me bed ridden. Exercise is key, strong tummy muscles gives support to you back. Yoga is all around good for you, every part fo your body is stretched. I think it's safer then meds.

8. Thanks for the great replies. I'll probably start doing some back exercises, because these over the counter pain meds arent doing shit. And I do need to get to the root of the problem...without a chiropracter.

9. I always have a lower back pain, from walking/sitting slouched, i find mary-jane helps me with the pain :)

10. That's so true, I had a fit at the top of a set of stairs and landed up at the bottom, it's taken me a couple of years but all the physio and yoga stretches have got me to a point where I rarely require symptomatic relief. More than anything, I thank yoga for the improvement, it's well worth checking it out. Good luck to you Biosphere, I hope you get your back sorted out :)

11. Have you tried a back massager? you can pick those up pretty cheap at some places, you can buy little pillows with massaging balls in them for your lower back,

good luck m8

12. For years I have been using weed to combat lower back pain and muscle spasms that cripple me. Now I have come to realise the weed has been causing it. Be warned.

13. I have an xtra Vertebrae attached to my pelvic bone..been in pain on and off since childhood. Unfortunately MJ doesn't help that pain for me..Most other pains it does help ..I only smoke Indicas too..:(
    Could be worse..docs said I would be in a wheelchair before 30..Ima still kicking MANY yrs later..:)

• Like Like x 1