back in a way

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by smokingjoe68, May 18, 2007.

1. Hey all. haven't been gone to long, maybe a week. well, I thought my travelling days were behind me, but I was wrong:p. thursday, I decided to return to my hometown, Lewiston, Me. I left my residence in Georgia with a backpack with a few changes of clothes, 12 US dollars, and a very nice sleeping bag. I arrived in Lewiston, Me., around 1500 miles from my previous address, Sunday morning with about 30 bucks, doing fine now on Friday. I've acquired a place to live of my own, rent is paid for 30 days, everything is going really well. I don't dare grow yet, but I've gotten high everyday so far since I've arrived, this has got to be the best place in the world to be a stoner. some of you know of my status as a schizophrenic, this has really been working in my favor at this time in my hometown. come to find out, I'm a member of a group of people defined as class family members. I haven't fully defined the value in this yet, only recognize it is very valuable. a class action law suit against the state of Maine was won, and I am a member of the winning members. lots of resources available to people require adding oneself to a waiting list, I jump straight to the top of any list as a class family member making resources far more readily available to me than your average citizen.

anyways, I'm rambling. very good to check back in here at the city. I'm limited to an hour a day of internet use now at the local public library, but I'll try to stop in often, really love this place. please leave some questions and comments. ya'll are the best.:D peace

2. Sounds like everythings goin great man, best of luck to ya.

3. thx, man. yes, things are really looking good. I'm involved with the local mental health facility that is treating me as an outpatient. I want to get a job, but most of my treatment team thinks that that isn't a good idea right now, so in an earnest attempt to be responsible for my condition, I'm going with their advice on that for now. all of my bills are paid, but I smoke cigs. and pot, so that's a little difficult, I hate being a bum, but I've a lot of friends that share with me sometimes and don't let me feel that way, they are real good to me. I'm just careful not to let other people go without for my sake. don't know if that makes sense or not, just the way I feel. peace all