Back from two weeks in Fiji! (pictures, eventually)

Discussion in 'General' started by Sad Panda, Aug 8, 2004.

1. I was on a live-aboard scuba diving boat for two weeks in Fiji, which is north of New Zealand.

Unfortunately, I didn't do any of it stoned, not wanting to deal with getting it through Customs and such. And I went with my family, so I couldn't exactly look for any on the island. Good thing the drinking age was 18, though! I love hearing my dad say, "Can I get you a beer?"

But psychoactives aside, I had an awesome time, saw lots of fish and coral, and went on three shark-feeding dives (white-tip, black-tip, silky, and reef sharks).

I live on the east coast of the good ol' US of A, though, so travel was a bitch and a half. 6 hour plane to LA, then 11 hour plane to Fiji, then 4 hour bus ride to the boat. And on the way back, we had to do all of that plus 8-hour layovers in both Fiji and LA. I think Fiji was worth it, regardless.

What did I do in my 8-hour LA layover, after scuba diving for two weeks? Went right to the Long Beach Aquarium.

Oh yeah, I'll post pictures later today or tomorrow. And I'll go into more detail about what live-aboards are like, or what Fiji is like, if anybody shows interest.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back. What's been going on here at the City? Business as usual?

Well, time to reaquaint myself with some green friends. Later!