Baby took a turn for the worst. HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dDoubleOb, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Started my seedling a little over 2 weeks ago. Got it under cfls 24/7 and been watering every 2 or 3 days. 2 days ago I noticed the leaves first 2 leaves drying out and turning colors. This morning I found this.. should I be concerned and is there a solution?

Attached Files:

2. Root rot i believe. She might be done for

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Not enough oxygen in the soil to the roots.

3. Might be ph, water ur plants with drinking water not sink water

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. if she is done for I plan on trying again immediately. How can I prevent root rot in the future? Is it possibly because of drainage? Or just watering too much/often

5. Perlite can help, i use happy frogg soils and i havent had any problems yet

6. sink water is drinkable.....

7. He means for ph and the lack of chemicals.

More drainage IE holes in your container and perlite.

Are you using seedling soil or some full strength stuff.

Let her dry out for a few days and poke more holes and she could still make it maybe.

8. I would transplant and not water for 5+ days to see if she bounces back. You should really be using distilled water. "Sink water" tap water whatever you call it, just because our bodies can handle it doesn't mean cannabis can. It tends to cause lockouts, you will notice what looks like a purple stem on sprouts, the leaves look like nitrogen deficiency. Yellowing starting from the bottom up. Do you have drainage on the bottom of that cup?