Baby plants outside in Tennessee?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sovay, Jun 17, 2009.

1. I recently sprouted two fem seeds (forget what type they are now, as I lost the labels) and they have since come out, each has two little pot leaves with new ones starting in the centre, they're maybe an inch tall.
    My question is this, is it ok to keep them outside? It's SO WARM out there all the time (I live in Tennessee) It's maybe 85f in the day and never gets below 68f at night, it's sunny, and I've been keeping sandwich-type bags over the pots to keep in moisture. Is this ok? I intend to bring them inside to finish them off, as it were, I just think that right now there's nothing I can do for them indoors that nature can't do outside. I live in east tennessee and a lot of marijuana is grown outside completely here. I have a big yard enclosed by trees, but I don't trust that there won't be utilities people coming by every now and then, so I want to bring them in at some point. When should I bring them in, and are the ok right now being out?

2. yea bro, tn soil is perfect for growing them outside. shouldnt have to worry about any animals or anything just let nature run its course. a diluted 10 to 1 solution of fert. like miracle grow will do. id recommend loosening the dirt about 1 foot deep and 6 inch wide to make rooting easier. the daily rains should be enough but wait for the top of the soil about fingernail deep to begin to dry before you water it yourself.

3. oh and most meter readers are wireless so no crazy people should be stomping through your back yard to check your stuff.

4. Check ur message inbox...SOVAY

5. Oh my! I have a problem, I was leaving them outside and keeping them moist (I thought) but the little pot leaves they had grown in between the two round sprout leaves have wilted off. Right now they're not doing anything and haven't been for a few days, I'm not sure they're going to make it! Anyone know if I'm watering them too much or too little, or giving them too much or too little sun? They're in 5" pots with organic potting mix right now
    Should I bring them inside or plant them outside or what? I don't know what to doo!

6. Right, could it be the sun? I've been keeping them on my deck under the impression they like full sun when they're this small but now that I think about it, that's kinda stupid, especially seeing as I have grown an entire vegetable garden from seed and all those seedlings didn't want to be in the sun :/

My main question is: can they live? I have a few more seeds so can start over if need be :(

7. u got any pics? makes it easyer 2 help

8. sure, just went and took this, the other plant is about in the same condition, perhaps a little worse off. You can see the wilted pot leaves that shed.

[​IMG]

9. pretty sure your plants dead. sorry guy.

10. I'm a girl, but thanks for your condolences! I've sprouted two new seeds, hopefully I won't murder them too.

11. you may wanna start them off indoors for a short spell before putting them outside

and huzzah for TN

12. Its cool, I made the same mistake my first try and my plants ended up looking a lot like the one you posted. Jakelshark is right, start them indoors until theyre strong enough to stand up to pests, harsh weather, etc. G/L on round two!