Baby plants dying?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dubbledeforty, May 28, 2016.

1. I decided to take up growing this summer for the first time. I germinated my seeds and all cracked open with a long taproot. I couldn't put them inside my house so I placed them in some concrete blocks with miracle grow potting soil. Its been almost two weeks now and each day another baby plant breaks off halfway down the stem and dies. I have now lost 3 out of my original 5 plants. I noticed that whatever is killing them only does it in their very early stage. The two left are looking very healthy and don't show any sign of dying. Even though this killer usually takes the plant within 10 hours. I checked on my 3 plants last night and they were all looking fine. I woke up this morning to find the smallest one lying over dead. Is there any point in keeping the root in the ground as the stem is only half gone? Or are they useless at this point? I am completely at a loss for what is happening and hate to see all this potential wasted. If anyone could take a look at the pictures any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. This happened to a couple of my outdoor seedlings. They were only a few days out of the soil. I stalked them one night and discovered that earwigs where eating them.

3. Any tips on how to protect them?