baby plant 12 days

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tcookieee, Sep 12, 2012.

1. i have a baby that just started turning yellow on the edges, i have a ph balance kit and test the water frequently and it is perfect. i first noticed the yellow yesterday. the plant is sitting about 3 in. away from my lights. i have 20-20-20 plant food that im feeding every other time with a few sprays from a mister. im not sure what the problem is, can somebody please help.

Attached Files:

2. Thats a tiny plant for 12 days. Anyhow why is it still in a tiny cup? As for nutrients your killing it with it. You should only have to nute your plants once a week Every 5-7 days. Do it like on the weekend remember the day and on other waterings nothing is needed other then supplements if your using them.

Watering also is easy. Pick up the pot heavy dont water, light water. Cannabis does not like to be kept in a saturated state. That will also kill it especially at that age.

When a seedling is small and in a normal pot not a cup I think i go 7-10 days before I water again. Pick up method though never fails. Stop nuting as well.

Also your soil should have all the nutrients it needs for the first couple of weeks. Anyhow good luck.

3. I've seen cups that are this size, it's a regular Dixie cup,and I've seen plants 3 times the size(not saying I will do that) but that's interesting. Alright,I'll stop using nutes,(until when?) and I do have a pot I will be transferring it to shortly( but how shortly?) and I read to water when the soil has no moisture, mine drys pretty frequent due to good air flow.

4. Thats up to you but you never had to do the transplant thing. I germinate and plant it in its final resting spot from the get go. Plants turn out just fine. As for when to nute. Well the soil that is in your pot should have enough for 2-3 weeks. Then you start off with 30-40% nutes and when you nute once a week you up it a little more. Do not view what the maker says as what is optimal but as a max amount. If 50% of that is all she can ever take then thats just fine. More does not mean jack and does not mean a bigger plant.

As for your water like I said above pick up method works best. Reason why I said kinda small heres one of my plants at like 13 14 day mark.

[​IMG]

5. well i started doing what you said, and i went ahead and just transplanted. Now i think my plant is going to be a goner... :( can you tell me by this picture? as you can see the leaves started curling, and now they are getting really thin, and the one is yellow... ughh. i tried so hard and failed..

Attached Files:

6. I think that was a goner before you moved it. Usually when you have issues on something that young it effects it even more. Win some lose some.

That feeding it so much was bad ju ju and most likely the root of your issues.

When plants are towards the end they take high nutrient levels at that stage they need zero the soil has everything you needed for 2-3 weeks. So compounding what was in the soil you added more. It would be like giving you tylenol every hour.

Try again :)

7. Thanks man. I guess I'll shoot again. :/

8. Also I was just slightly misting it, with a tiny spray bottle that I had mixed the nutrient in, which I put less than half a tablespoon in a gallon of water and poured in the gallon, that's why it died?

9. always wait till at least the 4th set of leaves before adding the nutrients. Its hard to recover the plants when there so young. Its like they have no immune system to protect them.