baby pictures!! and return of the flowering seedling!?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hash Browns, Feb 12, 2009.

1. yooo what up bladeses? im gona put up some pictures of my infantses here in a bit.

im not 100% sure, but i think these could be some of the same seeds that produced the flowering seedling. 1 seedling in particular has not grown its first real leaves and i believe it has been completely out of the soil and under the light for almost 2 days now. same shit happened with that other seedling that appeared to be flowering from the start. keep an eye out on this thread and il let you know if it turns into anything interesting. :smoking: smoke weed... all day:smoking:

2. hey! awesome grow man!!!! what kinda lights are you using???:confused::D!!!!!!

3. atm im using 1 100w metal halide. still trying to decide what other lights im going to add when they get bigger. i might get 1 or 2 75w HPS and 2 - 3 cfls. aiming for about 400w by the end.

4. HPS lights under 250w are less efficient than CFLS, if you're going to waste your money on 75w HPS's just save it and buy a bunch of CFLS, or just do the right thing and buy a 250w HPS

5. less efficient how?

6. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

7. not to answer for someone but i believe he is refering to lumen output per watt.

8. yeah, theyre less efficient at lumen / watt

that doesnt mean its a terrible idea, just something to consider

i have a 150 HPS supplemented with CFLs, and I wouldnt trade it for more CFLs, no matter how many you gave me. To get more light than I have now, the heat would be retarded from CFLs.

9. Is it any auto flowering breed? If so, it might have just got exceptional genetics so that it didn't need to grow other than using the enzymes in the seed before it flowers. in that case, I don't have advice, I never had that problem.

10. basically, HPS lights with that low of a wattage don't put out the lumens to make them worth it.

I would say a 150w would still be worth it, because of the canopy penetration, but any lower than that is a waste of money.