Baby Kandy Kush

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crazylegs, Jan 24, 2011.

1. heres my new baby about 2 days old. Kandy Kush freebie from attitude. shes in FFOF about two feet from the 150 W HPS and theres a CFL right over top of her for now, the HPS was too hot.

her leaves have some purple coloring (fan leaves)

I've also had some problems watering with FFOF because it is so damn airy, i nearly flooded my kitchen. any suggestions on how to get this soil to retain moisture a little better.

Attached Files:

2. It was probably heat/light stress that did the coloration.

Pre soak your soil; FFOF works just fine. Actually I've had to add a layer of perlite because it did not run off enough.

Keep the CFL on her and the soil moist (away from hps) and you should be ok. I'm subbed hope I can help.

3. If you continue to have problems, try mixing in some vermiculite. Helps with water retention

4. thanks for the suggestions. i'll keep this post updated for the next week or so with anything i run into

5. do you have a plan for when shes larger and you need the HPS running? maybe some air cooled fitting amd an inline fan to pump out the hot air from the room and the reflector?

6. My closet where the grow is, is very well ventilated. There is an ac vent in the closet (weird I know), so cool air is pumped in, and i have a 12inch fan inside.
    Ive tested the temps with the hps running at full blast, and temps have not exceeded 75. I've heard great things about kandy kush, so i'm looking forward to trying some!!

7. I think it's quite too early for your "fan leaves" to have a purple color to em. Especially since those are just your cotyledons.

Is your Kandy Kush a Reserva Privada?

If so, I think you'll be quite hapy. I hve a Kandy Kush bout 3 weeks into flowering and she's beatiful!

8. Ok so the lumens and radiation that a HPS puts out is too strong for direct light on seedlings. Hope this helps. But thats awesome about the AC cooled closet.! Couldn't ask for any thing more perfect.

9. yeah def didn't mean fan leaves. the two round leaves that are there right after it sprouts. but the color seems to be returning to a more green state thanks for the help guys.

and the kandy kush is a RP. i've heard wonderful things and am looking forward to a harvest.

the ac closet was the luck of the draw, my apartment has four bedrooms and i moved in first out of my three other roommates and picked it just for the closet. its a small closet (3 x 5 x 10) but the perfect size for the kind of grow i wanted to do

10. It's been about a week since its been planted and shes growing, but stretching like a mofo, and i dont know how to stop that. the lights have been within 2 inches from her the entire time. should i stake her up???

Attached Files:

11. Have you given it any nutrients.? Seeing that she is a week old you could give her a small dose of N (nitrogen) to help with the growth. Other then that what kind of CFL are you using.?

12. i have two 6500k ( i think thats the right number, i'm too lazy to check) i know they arnt the 2000k. they were right over top of her, and she still stretched. i have fox farms grow big, do you think 1/4th strength in a gallon for the next few feedings would be good? i also have a 150W HPS thats not on yet