Baby Js Grow Journal 1st Edition

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TheBabyJ, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Okay, so this is my first ever grow, and its a hydro one. I don't have pictures from before now today marks 2 weeks and two days. Here is my setup.

Stealth Hydro Bubbleponics system.
    3 400 watt CFLs, a 150 watt Blue and Red LED, and a 125 wat Halogen flood light.
    Ministry of Cannabis Big Bud XXL Feminized Auto.
    2 Regular fans
    Humidifier.
    Stealth Hydro Organic Nutrients.

Alright so there is my set up, it isn't the most organized set up but its working.

Each day I play a playlist of music for my babies, then I switch the fans every few hours to where its blowing on them, then away, then on, etc etc.

During the first week or two, they weren't looking the best. I didn't properly let them sprout. I was in such a rush I just got started to quickly.

Two out of the four did fine. I managed to save one other one that had died, as you can see its in soil sprouting up rather well :] So, I hope it will catch up rather soon so I can move it over to the hydrotons.

:D

[​IMG]

This is my babies as of now. Not doing too bad, I hope to keep them going at this rate.

2. Ditch the Halogen light. Does absolutely nothing but generate mass amount of heat. Gives off no useful spectrum.

3. Thanks man, I may do that, but I actually need the heat to keep it between 75-80 cause i have an AC in my room and keep it about 70 or cooler in here lol

Good to know I can ditch it tho, thanks.

4. Also, I was going to ask you, because I looked at your current LED grow, how can I make my stem shorter and fatter, like, stronger, I let the fan blow on it, I thought about putting the rockwool cube further down, but idk, maybe it will get bigger and better, since more nutrients are pumping through now.

5. Ah had not noticed that issue in your photo till i relooked at it. The reason why your plants are growing lanky is the light is not close enough.

CFLs have to be 2-4 inches away from the plant regardless of wattage. After about 6 inches grow spectrum ceases. Move the lights closer pack some soil around the stem and they should fill out. If you let them get longer all they do is get so long they flop over

More nutrients does not equate to a bigger grow. Your soil should have all the nutes you need for 2-3 weeks. Whatever the maker says view that as a max. Start off with 30-40% of what they say to feed it. You would be surprised at just how effective 50% of max is.

6. One problem I am not growing in soil, only in Rockwool cubes and hydrotons, I will try and figures something out tho

7. Keep that fan blowing on your plants, it will cause your plant to produce a thicker, stronger stem. And keep your cfls and led very close to your plants. As close as possible without burning, 2" or so. This will keep your plants from stretching towards the light. That's about all you can do in regards to strengthening your plants stem. Of course the stems won't thicken overnight so give them a little time.

8. Done. Both lights are much closer and their is a fan blowing slow and steady on the plants.

9. looking very good, i'm subbed.

10. Thanks man, seen you and your girls setup, I love it. Feel free to give me any pointers, I am very open to criticism haha. I'm just happy these two, maybe three, survived, I was in such a rush when all my stuff arrived, I rushed into it too quickly, and didn't give the taproots time to grow out more, but they thrived for life, especially the little one in the soil, it died and turned so dark green it was almost black, and i brought it back. xD

but yeah, looking forward to seeing those monsters you guys have growing, they are some beautiful plants.

11. Always glad to see another join the revolution. Good luck and dont hesitate to ask questions. There are many great people on here waiting to help new growers. Grow on!

12. I've seen you around quite a bit, and you are very knowledgeable. I would greatly appreciate your opinion on something.

Judging by what you see in the picture, space wise, what kind of setup would you suggest I "upgrade" too?

I was thinking of nothing too huge, but substantial.

13. updates, how are the girls doing?

14. They are great today, noticed that the stem has thickened from having the fan blowing on them and lowering the lights closer.

Water levels and PH are all good. Going to change the water out, put in some fresh nutes, and cover the room in Mylar. Pics coming soon, gotta wait for my girl friend to come back with her camera phone, I dont have one lmao.

15. Lets see the pics of the entire grow. the room the lights, everything. Need every detail if your gonna want to get any help around here. Plus I'm just nosey. :smoke:

16. I will post pictures for you ASAP! I could take some with my shitty webcam but 1 it wont reach far enough to get a good pic of the plants, and 2 TERRIBLE quality, id much rather use my girls camera so you can see everything perfectly.

I will make sure to take detailed pics for you though. I always appreciate good advice from a seasoned vet.

17. Alright, so I didn't get the chance to change my reservoir last night, so I am going to do it today when my good friend gets here to assist me. I change the reservoir and nutes every ten days. My babies are looking decent, I wish they were bigger seeing as its closely approaching week 3 of vegetation. I am going to have 1500 watts of CFLs on them by tomorrow, plus covering the room in Mylar. I hope to see a big growth development once I have fresh water, nutes, mylar and more watts.

18. Just changed out water, cleaned the reservoir, cleaned the water pump filter, and added a bigger bubble disc and new air pump. I saw some white crusty type build up, just a little, on the bottom hydrotons and bottom of netpot, is that just nutrients building up from the constant drip?

19. Found your grow. Sittin back an enjoying the show now lol

20. I know its not a good setup, light wise and such, but I didn't have much money to invest, and I am hoping to build my way up. I am just learning as I go.