Baby Bree comes home to MI medical marijuana parents

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by MI Marijuana News, Oct 26, 2013.

1. http://www.mimarijuananews.com/2013/10/26/video-baby-bree-comes-home/ - Full video of the presser when baby Bree was reunited with parents Steve and Maria Green after the Ingham Family Court had taken their child away because of medical marijuana.

Steve has life-threatening seizures. Maria has MS. Cannabis helped with both problems, so Maria became a caregiver/grower in compliance with Michigan's Medical Marijuana law. 

But then they were arrested in Oakland County and found themselves facing felony charges there. Steve was also ordered to stop using the only medication that had ever controlled his adult-onset seizures.

Next, Maria's ex-husband used those arrests to fight for custody in Family Court in Ingham County. On Sept. 13, baby Bree was taken away by Child Protective Services.

The Greens then waged a media campaign to draw attention to their plight. First, Oakland County Judge Leo Bowman dropped all charges. Now Ingham County Family Court Judge Richard Garcia has given them their baby back.

2. Hopefully any court costs the family accrued will be reimbursed, not to mention the trauma of having your kid taken away, and your livelihood shaken to the core simply becaise you are two people with severe illness that are looking out for themselves.

Kinda "awesome." Still largely sad and infuriating.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well yeah obviously the situation is fucked, but I'm just saying its great that they at least get the kid back, that has usually NOT been the end result in cases like these.

4. I'm happy for them, but hopefully they're compensated for their troubles as well. I'd sue the fuck out of everyone involved if I was them - that's the only way these assholes will learn their lesson. Law enforcement only pulls shit like this because they know they can get away with it.