b

Discussion in 'General' started by Royksopp, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Bronies.

What is your opinion on these folks? If you don't know what bronies are, they are (generally) older (18-30 give or take) males who love watching My Little Pony.

My opinion is that it's a bit creepy. I don't think they are pedos or anything like that for watching a childrens show, but they tend to be a bit obsessed and I can't help but find it really weird.

2. You got a problem with my little pony royk!? You got a problem with me :(

3. I too find it really strange, I just don't get it..

4. Doesn't bother me really. Unless they get all defensive about it and it's like...dude, you're the grown man watching MLP. I couldn't really get into the show when my friend tried to get me to watch it.

I don't know though, to each his own.

5. Too each their own, i dont give a fuck what people do lol as long as no ones gettin hurt

6. Even little girls no that's a shitty shoe

7. Bronies? Sounds like jabronies

Attached Files:

8. I enjoy the show. It's a cartoon, made for kids, but also designed for adults so that it is a bearable show to watch with their kids. But Lauren Faust, and all her creativity, made the show actually enjoyable to watch as an adult, not just "bearable".

The voicework in the show is just impressive, along with the character development they spend a lot of time working on.

Some bronies can be obsessed with it though. Some known as cloppers, take it to perverse measures. But that's the extreme ends of the bell curve. The bell curve exists in everything in nature, and of course exists with a TV show. Individuals do not define the whole brony community, that's why it's a community, made from many types of people.

8 more days until the season 3 premiere! Can't wait :brony: :metal: :brony:

9. She also did Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, which was the most ballin cartoon hahaha

10. Never watched the show, saw one episode here and there, just never caught it on whenever I turned the TV on.

I also used to watch another show of hers as a kid, powerpuff girls. I know it was a show about girls...but I dunno. I liked to watch it.

11. [​IMG]

Id listen to her talk about ponies all day

12. I don't really care about it. I think it is a bit weird though. You have these grown men obsess over a show that 6 year old girls watch. I can't really judge because I'm obsessed with Avatar the Last Airbender, but come on, Bronies are like a cult.

13. Little ponies who are all about friendship and happiness vs a little boy who can bend elements and lives in a world where nations are divided by said elements and they wage violent wars across the land, the kid also rides a giant fucking white dragon buffalo

and ponies are ridiculous?

Ok

lol ill admit, ive seen my fair share of Avatar, and I dont watch the pony show, but i still know what REALLY is ridiculous, and what isnt hahahah

14. Never even known what she looked like. I'd give her a rainbow dash, if you know what I am saying.

The taboo will always be viewed as weird, and always subject to double standards.

15. #16 Chrismittty, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    Always wondered too...I think my lil sister watches my lil pony.

16. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Little ponies who are all about friendship and happiness vs a little boy who can bend elements and lives in a world where nations are divided by said elements and they wage violent wars across the land, the kid also rides a giant fucking white dragon buffalo

and ponies are ridiculous?

Ok

lol ill admit, ive seen my fair share of Avatar, and I dont watch the pony show, but i still know what REALLY is ridiculous, and what isnt hahahah[/quote]

Oh my fucking god HAHAHA I laughed soooo hard at how true that is. :laughing:

17. its kinda funny, if you go look at all the childish/girly looking cartoons, they all have a moral and a story generally based of some work of previous entertainment that is blatantly handed to you on a silver platter so children will have a semi diluted idea of the culture they will learn about and have some sense of moral

then you look at cartoons with plot substance and shit, avatar and the like and it has morals, but they arent right in your face, and rather than teaching me about perhaps romeo and juliet in some weird childish fashion, it makes me want to go explode rocks from the ground and fight the fire nation into the dirt

moral of the story, cartoons that offer the least in adult entertainment generally offer the most in basic life lessons and standards hahahah

18. I think any grown man watching a little kids show whether it be for little girls or little boys is kind of weird.. But there is so much weird in this world, it doesn't bother me. I converse with people over the internet whom I will never meet, to some they might say that is weird.

19. all i know is it's a little girl's tv show....other than that i dont give a damn