Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[b]The thing that sucks about...[/b]

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Greystone, Aug 23, 2011.

1. I am an older stoner, been at it for better than 30 years (hence the moniker Greystone). The thing that I think sucks about it is that when I go to a music festival, nobody wants to talk to me because they think I must be a narc. I don't blame them one bit; they're just being smart. But the bottom line for me is that I show up looking for the groovy vibe that I always used to enjoy, but end up getting the cold shoulder. I think it would help if I was part of a group instead of by myself, but that's tough to do when all your old tokin' buddies have long since moved on to the straight-laced "Leave it to Beaver" lifestyle.:(

I'm not looking for sympathy or solutions. Ultimately, I think there really is only one solution, and that's the repeal of prohibition. I guess I'm just kind of venting and wondering if any other grey-hairs out there have experienced the same thing.

Not to be a total downer, I promise that my next post will be about the thing that's really cool about being an older stoner! :)

2. Try Field Trip Festival in South Elgin Illinois, or any of the Blotto festies. Way more laid back than the bigger stuff, and from what I've seen, the older folks seem to fit in just fine. Im in my twenties, and have raged it with people in their 60's at Blotto festivals.

3. I've been smoking for over 30 years as well and I too feel nostalgic for those days when I could go to a festival and smoke up or get smoked up by random strangers.

Earlier today I found a thread with a poll on people's ages, and there were only like two people in my age group. I'm not too old to toke but I guess I'm too old to be hanging out in a pot-smoking forum! ;)

4. I'd smoke with you man.. I'd smoke with you.

5. The last concert I was at, we were standing there waiting for the headliner to come on and a little bit older couple comes and stands next to me. I'm 23, they were probably in their upper 30's, low 40's.

Husband (states out loud): "This looks like a good spot to smoke."
    Wife: "Yeah I think we will be okay."

Both look at me, I pull a baggy with a huge blunt out: "Yeah, you guys are fine by me" :D

So while I understand where you might feel like an outcast, at the same time you might just have to put yourself out there to find a people to smoke with at a show. Obviously most people at concerts will not mind!

6. Come to California.

7. Cool, good feedback all. Facespacer, thanks for the festie tips. I hadn't heard of either one. Field Trip is this weekend; maybe I'll see you there!:smoke:

Scary Hairy, I'd LOVE to go to CA. But that's a long, long way from my home...

8. You know your old when you use a "leave it to beaver" reference

9. I'm 50 and I can relate. I'm in Missouri (misery) too.