AZ Woman fired for being MMJ Card Holder

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Phamas, Oct 23, 2011.

1. her facial expression pretty much says it.

2. Already.. I haven't even gotten mine yet! :D

3. Ugh the comments and bias of the journalist is even worse. It makes me want to puke.

4. well said my friend. disgusted me reading those comments

5. lol i know wtf is that, one of the posters even stated that he doesnt anyone that is doped up to be operating on him. Well if ur gonna fire all the health care providers because they are "doped" up then ur gonna be letting go majority of the doctors and nurses that work in our healthcare system.

6. So every weed smoker medical or not is stoned all the time even if they haven't smoked, ate, or vaped it, but a alcoholic is fine.

7. DAMN she should given up her medical card for a bunch of painkiller scripts...maybe she would of gotten promoted.... or even a raise!!!

8. amazing....im speechless

9. i'm glad that this women is standing up for herself and filing this lawsuit. she is making a statement and will prove that smoking weed medically is something that will have to be tolerated in the medical states, weither or people like it.

10. Arizona even has anti-discrimination for MMJ patients built into the law, this seems like clear abuse of power by her employer, and I hope she wins a buttload of money.

11. i can see the judge striking the lawsuit down and saying its against federal law....I can just see that happening.

12. Isn't it precious they are SOOOO concerned for patient "safety" they allowed her to work with patients for two weeks before her "pre-employment" drug test?

NEVER volunteer anything to anyone these days. No employer is on your side and they're all looking to save a buck any way they can. She's probably a smart cookie and her bosses felt threatened. Had to get rid of her somehow.

13. i was fired as well

i live in Michigan and am a card holder.

14. Is Arizona a right-to-work state or a fire-at-will state? If the latter, she doesn't really have a leg to stand on. If the former, she probably still doesn't have a leg to stand on as private employers can fire anyone for a dirty drug test, even in California/Michigan/Colorado...