AZ Shooter Jared Loughner was NOT a pot head

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Much to my relief it has been confirmed that he was not smoking pot, but rather Salvia divinorum a dangerous, but legal, alternative to cannabis.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtHYeOtBLz8&feature=sub]YouTube - Family Friend Gives Portrait of Loughner Mindset[/ame]

Chalk another one up to the war on drugs shoving dangerous substances into our youths hands, all in the name of a legal high.

2. Great video, thanks for posting.

Still though, this isn't proof that he wasn't a pot smoker. The parent just might only know about the salvia use. Was it one of his class mates that said he was a pot-head? Could have just been a misguided criticism, some high schoolers are completely ignorant of drugs. So who knows? :p

3. So basically, Lougher was a regular in the Religion/Philosophy forum?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

4. Its no doubt that he was a few fries short of a happy meal, but taking hallucinogens was not helping his situation.

5. Don't forget it. :devious:

6. The guy didn't even mention pot. If he was smoking salvia that often, I'm sure he used cannabis as well. That's not to say his smoking weed had any impact on his actions, but I don't see how that video disproves the "pothead" rumors.

7. Fuck this is terrible, some shitheads are already trying to ban salvia and this will only give them ammunition.

8. Yea cause banning things makes them totally inaccessible - Just look at pot, meth, coke, heroin, shrooms, acid, xtc, angel dust, and ketamine:rolleyes:
    Personally I dont do any drugs now, but thats just because Im older and wiser;) What pisses me off is that I should not be denied the opportunity to experiment with anything of my choice.

9. This guy didn't say he didn't smoke pot, just that he does smoke salvia. Most salvia users smoke pot too as far as I know anyway. Some girl he was friends with said he used to smoke pot on twitter I think.

:mad:

10. That may be, but my point is that they cant use "pot smoking hippie" as a red herring for keeping cannabis illegal. It was a more powerful drug, a hallucinogen, which consumed by an already mentally unstable person, that most likely led to this, not pot alone.

11. I could see Jared maybe believing some delusions he fabricated after tripping on salvia, but that would be his mental illness causing that problem and not the salvia.

12. But you must agree that smoking salvia was a bad idea for a mentally unstable person...

13. Of course. But so is smoking weed. I don't think we should blame just salvia for making his problems worse and ignore what weed could have done too.

14. Cant wait till government dissent is banned as a mental illness. That'll teach those pesky non conformists!

15. I'm mentally unstable. Possibly schizophrenia or psychosis. I've smoked salvia. I've smoked weed. Maybe I'm not at the point where my delusions become the focal point of my life, but both salvia and weed have led to only positive, enlightening experiences for me.

Jared Loughner was pretty far gone in his delusions already. He'd have to be to murder a bunch of people in an attempt to kill one person in particular. Salvia and weed were the least of his worries.

16. Arizona Shooter Was On Powerful Hallucinogens

17. That article reeks of sensationalism.

Only if you're on it, they might as well have said he was giggling because he had previously taken weed.

So? He was interested in lucid dreaming, dream logs help with that.

18. If he wasn't high during his giggle attacks, then he was just laughing at some "private jokes" going on in his head. It's typical for crazies.

19. Cause youre the grand master authority on laughter, amirite?

opinionated opinion is opinionated

20. Not worth a real response