Ayron's Stab at organics :P

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Ayron, Mar 20, 2012.

1. thanks pearl! here are some pics i took today, i trained the tallest branch with a rubberband attached to a safety pin that i attached to my smart pot :D I'm refusing to let any bugs fuck with my shit this time so ive been checking under every leaf for bugs daily :devious:

ill take pics of them out of the HPS light so you can see their true color tomorrow

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      288.2 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      223.4 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      244.3 KB
      Views:
  2. I went out and bought a 30 pound bag of worm castings today from my local hydrostore and i plan on making a tea with that and my alaskan humus soon. How often should you give plants AACT and can you give them too much?

3. [quote name='"Ayron"']I went out and bought a 30 pound bag of worm castings today from my local hydrostore and i plan on making a tea with that and my alaskan humus soon. How often should you give plants AACT and can you give them too much?[/quote]

Can't remember who was mentioning it. Maybe Jerry? But it was being discussed somewhere and the consensus was that you can not over water with ACT's. If I remember correct it was mentioned that microbe man suggests using it with every watering.

4. I've read in multiple threads here on GC and in Teaming With Microbes that you cannot overuse AACTs.

You can still over water though :p

5. [quote name='"CarloMarx"']

I've read in multiple threads here on GC and in Teaming With Microbes that you cannot overuse AACTs.

You can still over water though :p[/quote]

Good point.

6. sweet! that's what I wanted to hear, I'll start brewing another one with my castings and compost soon :) I'll probably take a few pics today too

7. pics :) I'll take better ones tomorrow in normal light since these came out a little blurry
    Also im rearranging my closet to make an area for my clones and a mother plant cause my plants like to start flowering outside before i want them to :mad: even my clones are sprouting lots of pistils

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      326.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      274.9 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      265.7 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      177.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      244.9 KB
      Views:
  8. plant looks good man, how long has it been flowering?

9. they've been in the box for a week now and they had preflowers before they went in there so its bene about a week-week and a half

10. Getting ready to do a 4:20am dab on 4/20 :D My friends and i went to our favorite headshop for a midnight sale that was 42% off :eek: so i splurged and bought myself an oil dome with an adjustable Ti nail for it :hello: I've been wanting one of these fr awhile now and i'm glad i got it for such a good price. It was 60 for the dome and 70 for the nail and i got both for like 87 i think it was. The only downside was waiting an hour and 15 mins to get to the back of the store and back to the front to pay lol :p

I also mounted my fan to the top of my box, and right when i did that the motor gave out :mad: So i took it apart and cleaned out the dust, and after a lot of trial and error i got the fan at the top of the box and as a result i can fit my 3rd plant in there and temps lowered a few degrees :D I'm now at 80 at the top of the plants with 45% humidity. I also cleaned the grime and dust thats built up on my mylar and its a lot cleaner in there now :cool: I watered all three of them with water and some neem oil as well.

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      230.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      255.6 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      244 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      398.3 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      308.4 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      312.2 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      159.6 KB
      Views:
  11. i gave them a feeding of the EWC/Humus tea today and took a few pics :D I stopped into my local headshop the other day to take more advantage of their 30% off 420 sale so i finally got an oil dish since i've been smoking a lot of it lately :smoke: I'm really liking this oil dome more than my skillet too :p

Attached Files:

12. Lookin' good, Ayron. Sounds like you had a happenin' 420, too. :D

13. #113 Ayron, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
    oh i did for sure! i just cant wait till summer starts! I took 7 classes this semester and they have been killing me and besides work i havent had time to do much else this semester :/ But i got one more week of regular classes then exams start! your avatar pic always reminds me of this song, i'm playing it tomorrow with the jazz combo i'm in at the school courtyard :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIrnKcoFX0Q[/ame]

14. Update: Planted 4 more bag seed outside and finally added a carbon air filter to my grow box after over a year :rolleyes:

SO ive been smoking on my homegrown purp and i took some pics of my ourdoor garden today. I also built a carbon air filter for my box cause the smell has been getting really bad :( it only cost me $16 and i had the wire lying around my house :cool: I noticed an immediate difference and there is no temp change on my box at all :D
    [​IMG]
    I made it with some wire fencing wrapped around a 6 inch end cap and wrapped a carbon air filter around it and held it down with zip ties
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

garden :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. damn that carbon filter looks too easy to work lol

16. i noticed an immediate difference in the smell :hello: i couldnt believe how easy this was to build

17. i may just make one of these in a simpler form to put on the end of the cooltube im gettin or at the end of the exhuast ducting

18. #118 Ayron, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    i have mine at the end of my exhaust, my air cooled hood has nothing but ducting bent at an elbow and an inline fan on top of that. My hood is completely out of my box so i have max distance between light and bottom of the box. right now the box has been sitting at 45% humidity and 78-82 degrees depending on how cold im keeping my bedroom. i decided to keep my exhaust fan on 24/7 to control the smell

19. #119 Ayron, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    I know its been awhile since my last update, but finals week is a bitch :( I plan on posting an update tomorrow with some pics so stay tuned :D I also downloaded p90x today and i plan on starting that as soon as summer starts to finally get in shape

20. Update!

I found this crazy looking guy munching down some of my tomatos, needless to say hes eating some plants in my neighbors yard now haha :D these plants are starting to stink! but thats good :cool: I want to make a legit drying box soon cause my harvests always lack in the smell and taste department cause they dry too fast in my room :(

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      244.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      296.4 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg