Ayron's Stab at organics :P

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Ayron, Mar 20, 2012.

1. All great links MGB.

2. Awesome links in there MGB! Some I'd been to and have saved myself, others were new. Thanks for the info, great start for many!

3. #23 pearl75, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    Hi, Ayron! :wave:
    Thought I'd sub to your thread so I can come along for the ride. I think I might start a journal in this section once I really get going. I have my soil and amendments "cooking" while my plants are in their seedling stage. Like you, I'm using a 400w mh/hps switchable for now. I may change to something else soon. I have to do something to cut out all the heat in my grow room. Right now, I have 5 seedlings going: 3 cataract kush, 1 pineapple express, and 1 critical+, all feminized seeds.

In my soil I have FFOF (it's all I could get around here except for Miracle Grow and I'm not going to use MG.), bone meal, blood meal, kelp meal, EarthGro organic humus/manure, earthworm castings, Azomite, alfalfa meal, sphagnum peat moss, and Liquid Karma to help break it all down. I don't know about you, but I am really pumped about this grow. :yay:

4. I'm a learner when it comes to organics too :wave:

I am going to brew my first batch of aact this week. I'm pretty excited.

I'm subbed and definitely along for the ride.

5. Nice journal. Mind if I join your thread man ;)

:smoke:

6. thanks for the love guys! I appreciate the links too i've been looking through them and plan on finishing them tomorrow. so heres what im growing outside :) I got lots of herbs, berries, veggies, some bagseed seedlings and a few plants that are almost done flowering
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also i rolled this baby to see if it was possible and i like it a lot better than a cross joint and i knew it would work cause they actually make some cigars like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. nice little garden mate, have you considered just planting strait into the ground, youll get a massive plant doing it that way, i intend to have my own veggie garden soon :D ill be starting them all indoors in my tent and then putting out in spring when its better weather now its getting into autom not the best time to plant them.

and for the plaid joint i have seen them in a rolling handbook lol but not for real :p made me laugh a bit, does it stick together after its burnt past the first plaid thats what i would worry about.

8. nice lavender.

9. Yeah it held together the entire way through, i just had the tie on there for safe measure. And to answer your question the soil down here is really hard and rocky so the roots dont do too well unless you make a raised bed like i did. plus i had a fuckton of those cinder blocks and i needed to do something with them.

Outdoor garden
    Sweet onions
    Red and yellow bell peppers
    Cayenne and jalopeno peppers
    pineapple sage
    cilantro
    sweet basil, as well as thai and cinnamon basil
    lots of strawberries (two different types, idk the name but one is big and one is small)
    tomatoes (idk the names but they are hybryds that do good down here in florida and one is a black tomato)
    also got blueberries and raspberries
    lots of mint (sweet,pepper,spear,orange, and chocolate mint) i had to talk myself out of getting an apple mint plant today since i have so many and its invasive as fuck!
    curled parsley (so i can tell the difference between that and cilantro)
    italian oregano and hot and spicy oregano <-- shit is amazing!
    dill
    fennel
    lavender
    marigolds
    datura
    cantaloupe
    :rolleyes:

needless to say i got a new hobby :p

10. thanks! i got it as a cutting from a friend last fall and i havent got to see it flower yet :eek:

11. the fennel almost got me confused with alfalfa.

12. LIke your outside garden! I love the joint, I've never smoked a cigar like that but I've seen them in cigar shops, always wondered if they hung together for the whole smoke or not. I usually smoke a cigar on road trips if I'm alone or in the summer and just didn't want one falling apart in my car like that. Glad to hear they stay together.

13. the fennel is the only thing in the garden that i really dont have any use for cause i think it tastes disgusting lol.

i doubt they smoke all three at the same time cause idk if you could fit all three in your mouth and it would probably take 3-5 hours to smoke all three of them. I used to smoke cigars a few years ago and havent had one since then. When i wanna use tobacco, which is rare, i usually smoke pipe tobacco :cool:

14. The ones I've seen were always smaller than a regular cigar. Each of the 3 would be say the size of a backwoods, swisher or whatever else in that size the rings in your head.

15. ok that would make more sense. The one i saw was at least 2 cigars worth of tobacco and it takes me long enough to smoke a small cigar yet alone 2-3 of them hahaha

16. syas thats not a valid website.

1k tent sounds fun :)

17. i woke up yesterday to a bunch of dead leaves and a lot of aphids :/ I've been neglecting this grow a little cause of how much i go to school and work and havent really had time to do anything besides water them so they must of snuck up on me :( none of the nugs have any damage but as a precaution i cut down the nugs around the affected areas and they are drying right now.i've been spraying with neem oil mixed with water and a little dish soap in a spray bottle but i pulled out the docktor doom to really kill their bitch asses

fuck bugs man, fuck bugs...

18. Ayron, welcome to the GC Organics forum.

MGB gave you solid advice when he recommended you add compost and earthworm castings to your soil mix. These two items are the biologically active heart of any solid soil mix. Without the proper soil life in your mix, you may not get half the results that you may have had by adding these two basic items.

These two items contain microbes - small bacteria which work symbiotically with our plants, helping them stay healthy and disease free, and also helping with "nutrient uptake", for lack of better wording. Another way of adding soil life to your mix, if the plants are already growing will be to brew an Aerated Compost Tea, or to simply topdress your soil with earthworm castings.

There are some fantastic threads and stickys in the Organics forum. Take some spare time here and there and read, read, read. In the end you'll be glad you took the time and will be a better gardener for it.

We're all students. Its in all of our best interests to keep learning.

peas.

jerry.

19. fuck bugs man, fuck bugs...

FYI -

Plants that are grown in compost and earthworm castings, having a highly biologically active profile are much more bug/insect and disease resistant than plants that are not grown using these items.

hth.

jerry.