Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

axiety,panic attacks and weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dynamutt, May 8, 2011.

1. I suffer from public anxiety in certain situations and one night at some house I was at I smoke some crazy pineapple kush and had a panic attack for the first time they said weed caused it but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on if weed can help me with this new anxiety I developed or will it just make it worse and will it always cause me to have panic attacka I really dont want to continue to not smoke iv been smoking for for years this is why this is concerning to me
    Peace n Pot

2. Reefer madness!

Edit- What caused your "panic attack" was actually the people you where hanging out with. Also the environment may affect it.

3. I used to get pretty bad anxiety attacks when I smoked. Try this: smoke a few hits just so you feel a little high. Go do your routine as though you never even smoked. Once you get used to this and no anxiety is present, smoke a little more next time, and so on... this gets you used to being high around people and functioning.

4. Don't get over high. Just get high enough that your satisfied. And just tell yourself "Everything will work out."

5. It's all in your head man, learn to control the high. What it comes down to is this, if you start trippin out and have anxiety and feel paranoid, just remember its all in your head. Sometimes weed can do that, but its just irrational feeling of anxiety, there is no reason to feel anxious or paranoid; remind yourself of that after you smoke. Everything will be fine!

6. I like this. This is pretty much what I tell myself when I start getting anxious. I also tell myself to stop analyzing how I feel and just relax and enjoy it.

7. Hon, our modern "smoking" cannabis has had most of the CBD (cannabidiol) bred out of it in favor of THC. CBD does not get you high, but it does get you "mellow". It is a natural anti-anxiety drug.

You just need to find another strain- "Harlequin" has a fair amount of CBD, and other "high CBD" cannabis strains are coming out of California and Colorado. They won't get you as high, but it will be more pleasant.

And the more "schwaggy", less potent strains of cannabis may be higher in CBD than more expensive "high THC" strains. This is one case where cheaper is better! And since I almost always throw in a study or two, here's a recent one for you-

Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in generalized social anxiety disorder: a preliminary report. (abst - 2010)
    Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol ... [J Psychopharmacol. 2011] - PubMed result

I have a big old section on CBD in my List- just click that first link in my sig and scroll down to CANNABIDIOL.

Granny

8. Would an indica dominant strain have a similar effect?

9. #9 tokeysmokey23, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah, indica has a higher concentration of CBD than sativa, that's basically what granny was saying

10. I have a good place for nice mids should I try using that for a while before stepping up to any higher grade and also when I do step up would indica be better for not gettin such bad anxiety when I smoked? The night I had the attacks I hadn't smoke in atleast two months and I did a gram of some potent medical do you think that to much of some that strong could have cause the attack? Like has anyone had one due to to much of potent stuff

11. last night i did, it was awful i smoked like 4 bowls i have had that before but i hadn't eaten or something. then i smoked and kept smoking and kept smoking uot of a bong. i get high as fuck it was nice at first then i got paranoid and dizzy as hell then i puked and just went to bed, just try to have a little less

12. I get like that on the come-up. Im all about the after effects

13. they say that strawberry cough is PERFECT for anxiety.

14. I have social anxiety as well and it seems that I still have the anxiety when around people but the racing thoughts don't get so overwhelming for me in public if I am high.

I still have the anxiety, jbut it helps only a little bit.

Take this with a grain of salt everybody reacts different to the herb

15. I've had like one really bad anxiety attack before, it's really all about getting worried. You just have to constantly tell yourself that you're supposed to enjoy the feeling and that nothing is wrong, and that everything is fine. It's easy to tell yourself that everything is going wrong, but it's tough to keep it in the back of your mind that it's all gonna be alright. If you get really anxious just sit back, relax, and enjoy your high. Don't think about anything negative.

16. weedisnoweed, cannabis drops your blood sugar. Eat something before your toke, kid! (And not some junk food that will give you a sugar rush and then drop you again!)

Granny