Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Awww shit, it's on now.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by RandomThoughts, Jan 14, 2012.

1. I'm at that stage right at the moment.
    Made firecrackers.
    Made with a mix of post-vape,
    I'm past the preparing, eating, and the usual stage where I think it's not working.
    40 minutes in, and an undeniable kick-in is happening right now.
    No vaping either.

I wish I could explain to someone quite how awesome edibles are without having them have to try one to bring the point home, it's just hard to put into convincing words to those that have yet to experience them. Though I guess this is part of the cool. I never expected to work out half as prolific as they've proven to be.

Right now I feel this buzzing behind my eyes, an actual physical euphoria like an allover body yawn and just the cruisiest mild-heavy stone, climbing...don't know where it'll stop at...
    SO ages since I've had an edible, forgot how much I loved them.

2. groovy mate yeah i felt like that the first time i made myself a firecracker. love the first intense wave the best and you have no idea where it came from and cracking up over nothing or something then forgetting the next minute.

how much AVB did you put in with how much unvaped?

3. dude I made some brownies yesterday with 7.5g of already vaped and about 3g of stems/shake

good god it fucks you up

4. About 2/3 was ABV.
    I've made 100% abv butter before though right, I was surprised at how well it worked, could keep you wasted just, hours.
    This thing has totally wasted me right now.

5. I have never tried edibles, and unfortunately, don't think I ever will. I have OCD and what I have heard about edibles scares me away because that OCD can cause a lot of anxiety when Im "too"high. Therefore, I need to know what to expect, and I cant with edibles.

6. how'd you get yourself to first try weed? i have ocd as well and it's easier to ignore all of the little problems around me if i eat a brownie. i would say try it, it didn't make it worse for me :p

7. I also did brownies with about 7g of ABV - it was a very distinctive body buzz. Overall, I find that smoking, vaping, edibles, and edibles w/ ABV all give me a different type of high.

8. edibles are a mellow high where as smoking vaporizing is a more upper kind of high in general. does not mean you wont get blown away by edibles but its a completely different kind of high.

9. Try it not like u can die:D

10. Gah, here I am on the next morning.
    I was completely gone all night.

It's about being patient and only having a little at a time, so any effect you have will be more "in control" for you.
    They're definitely worth trying.

11. I didn't even know it could cause anxiety when i first tried it, I only found out it could when it happenned to me ( I infact thinking what the fuck, why do I feel anxiety weed is just supposed to make me happy) when I first had problems.

Because I have smoked so much I can know pretty close to exactly how much I can smoke, and when I do go past where I feel comfortable, I can know approximately how long it will be before I feel ok again. Going into uncharted waters could be scary. Especially if I get too high and have no idea how long I will be scared for and it the high feels different worrying that it does because of something else thats wrong.

I dont know if this would even be an issue. I sometimes give into my OCD completely when Im close to getting high so that I wont be worried about when I am high, as I try to allow myself to enjoy it. However, when I forgget to or simply don't give in to the OCD then things I think may cause me anxiety by fixating on it when Im high, I don't even think about.

TL;DR edibles are uncharted territory. I completely know what to expect with smoking, which makes me more comfortable

12. iv made weed peanut butter and swear to god i was flying for hours!

13. I get that, though it's only a matter of it becoming "charted" territory for you, as smoking weed has.
    I think it's actually pretty natural to be apprehensive about this kind of thing, I mean I'm not sure it's the same in all cases but that's how I felt before first trying an edible.
    So if ever you try it, my recommendation is just to check out the effects of say half or even a quarter of a portion of the edible you've made.
    Even if it means just sitting on that, and that only throughout an evening, then it's worthwhile experience and a toe in the water rather than diving in.
    Though, taking the initial step is completely up to yourself and such a time as when and if you feel it's right for you.

I'd recommend not having a lot to do the day you try it, taking it easy, and not overdoing it.
    #1 Rule though, against having a bad experience?
    Be patient. If you eat more before it kicks in, unless it's a dud you *can* get wasted pretty deep.

Yup, last night had a PB based firecracker...just progressively got more and more fucked up between hours 1-4, then stayed really bent until I went to sleep.
    Woke up in the morning, the shit came on (not as strongly) again.

Gah, crazy.