awsome results/ earth tainer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by uxaman, Sep 22, 2009.

1. his is my first outdoor grow and i have pretty good experience in horticulture since thats what i go to school for. For a school paper we had to write about anything to do with planting and soil ect. Thats when i came across the idea of having a self watering system. When i searched online i read about a system call earth box.

[​IMG]

Read about the earthtainer here also includes video instructions

THE LIST

lowes
    -"10x10"inch wicking basket (We had trouble finding it because no one at the store knew what the hell it was lol but just look in the pond section which should be located in the ouside gardening center.)
    -2 thirty two gall. roughneck rubbermaids
    -2 tomato cages from Walmart, 024114710792 Glamos Wire 18"x54" Heavy Duty. Similar 3/16”(i dont think ours was 3/16 but most cages will be strong enough for cannabis)

Homedepot
    -1 1/2" ID Schedule 40 PVC pipe 19" long

Local Hardware Store
    -15 ea 1/8" Wire Rope Clamp (These were very expensive at homedepot but only 20c each at a hardwarestore)
    -10 ea 3/16 or 1/4" hole by 1 1/4" Fender Washers

Home
    1 30 gallon trash bag
    24” by 36” 15 year DuPont Landscape Fabric material (We had some laying around to use)
    2 zip ties (We just used wire to hold the top part of the cage together)

We bought everything and built it in one day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They went from little guys to 6-7ft bushes. they got so big i kept having to have to clip them :( and then eventually just moved them to a better location.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is probably one of the best self watering systems out there and next season i ill be adding a few more mods to it. One idea i had was to have 50gal. drums hooked up to them with a water release timer. Maybe even have the drums hooked up to a close enough pond or stream to allow the whole system running by itself.

If you have any ideas or questions on how it works please let me know! il be posting some more pics of the harvest soon

2. NICE!!! I like the concept. i personally like flood buckets but its all preference. I like the Ivy- camo, I have used ducks foot and jap. maple, all work well to trick the wandering eye. please share your final pictures i would love to see how it turns out. whats the strain? Good luck, MACKdelta9