AWs No Till Water Only Organic Pot Growing Thread Humboldt Seeds Amherst Sour Diesel

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by AugustWest, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Glad to see you are also old friend and Chunk also, shit I knew I went and got fuckin old even so it feels like a blessing and not a curse!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Whoops, hit reply by accident. Stoner moment.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Wow, maybe the funnest journal on GC. Just finished reading this gem. After spending a few months reading this, I feel I know all of it's participants a bit better. Hope to see the old patriarch @AugustWest around again.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. This was a fun place to hang out back in the day for sure. If AW were Shane.......

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Doesn't pa have things for Shane to do? Does Shane ever come back for updates? I think we'd have better luck finding out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Old is right..
    Glad you enjoyed, man. Thank you for reading.
    There's probably 3 or 4 pages of weed talk in here somewhere.

Hi buddy!
    Hope life is treating you well.

Gonna do a little outdoor run this year.
    Now that weed is legal in my state, I'm gonna convert the little veggie garden..

Believe it or not, I have a few rooted clones of my old chemdog / Sour diesel that my friend has been running for like 12 years lol.
    He's gonna set me up once it's warm enough to plant here.. Probably end of May or so.

The top foot of the garden is mostly this last batch of soil from a few years back.
    I'll throw some amendments in and see how it all runs outdoors.. This will be my 1st crack at outdoor weed growing

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. #17207 TimJ, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
    Good to see you back around AugustWest. We can finally feel at ease from LEO's. Now, we just have to keep a eye out for opportunistic individuals looking for free weed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #17208 Chunk, May 12, 2022
    Last edited: May 12, 2022
    Heya Auggie!

Good to see you back around here. I'm doing well here myself. Still working but picking and choosing the jobs I'm doing. Started collecting my full SSI back in September so I'm not doing a full time grind anymore.

I quit growing myself about a year ago. Mrs. Chunk likes the vape cartridges that are sold at the pot shops around here and they're cheap (20 bucks) so I shut everything down.

Good that you're going to do an outdoor run. I still have jars from my last outdoor run. You should do well with a good organic soil.

Are you still in the same house that you were in when you started this thread? I remember that place was loaded with leaf mold.

Well, hope you're not as scarce here but great to catch up with you!

• Like Like x 5
  9. I'll swear I saw... Naaaaa didn't happen.. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. :thumbsup: :bolt:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. :poke: you get that weed in the ground yet?

Good to see you buddy :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bro…. I was probably one of the worst students of your knowledge, and even I learned a few things… your journal thread is a solid gem. The learners (like me) vary in quality, but your thread is a gem that stands the test of time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Yo my dude! How the fuck are you?
    Nah no weed in ground.. Long story, maybe next year

Man another old friend.. Hope you're good dude.
    And Thank you, I appreciate that.
    Was some fun times over the years..

• Like Like x 3
  14. Anyone have any experience w/ autoflowers?
    a buddy of mine who has been asking my advice on his first grow just let me know that "his plants are flowering already"

Turns out that he accidentally bought autoflowers :p

anyway.. does the light cycle matter at all now that they are flowering? does 12/12 make a difference?

Thanks

PS: why would anyone run auto flowers? is there a point to it?

• Like Like x 2
  15. The light cycle doesn't matter. We usually run lower wattage using a 24 hour light cycle. I run indoor auto-flowers under 80 watts of cob pendant lighting. Auto-flowers have come a long way. They can be as strong as photo periods and with good harvest weights. I just harvested two. One in jars curing is just over 4 ounces the other will be close if not over. These were grown outside in my greenhouse. @Organic sinse would be one to offer more expert advice. Hopefully he will chime in. Here's a link to his thread if you're interested.
    Automatics make good Organic sinse

• Like Like x 3
  16. Thanks very much man.. He's started flowering way early I think. The plants are pretty small, but at least he learned some growing basics this run.

Is 24/0 light cycle preferable to 18/6 or any sort of dark period, or does it not matter at all?

Thx again man.. Appreciate it.

• Like Like x 4
  17. I find they show pre-flower from 21-35 days old. Auto-flowers need a light mix to start in or you can stunt them. We generally use a starter slug of soil the size of a solo cup when we drop a seed. They are also best started in their final container as they do not handle transplanting very well. I just run 24/0 inside as they are secondary plants and I have no timer in that room. I haven't seen a big difference in 18/6 when I used that light cycle. I grow photo-period plants for the most part. I use auto's as fillers. 12-16 weeks is a realistic finish time from seed.

• Like Like x 3