AWs No Till Water Only Organic Pot Growing Thread Humboldt Seeds Amherst Sour Diesel

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by AugustWest, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Missed one.

0334731D-CDC2-475B-8DDB-8750FE8563BB.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Congrats on the weight-loss dude! That's awesome!

So much to learn about this biz.. Right now I'm just focused on the move to the new showroom (2x as big with a separate contractor showroom) we don't install, just sell.
    Coming up with processes to help the sales team, dealing with credit card companies, etc..
    The tile stuff comes later. The owner and sales people can handle that for now.

And yeah, some crazy shit out there with those schluter and bleutek systems.

Nah I moved a while ago, that place was too big for 1 dude.. Cost over 4k a month with expenses..
    I downsized and like it. Less dough, easy to keep clean etc.

Ya dude.. Miss you guys. I'll be around, gotta kill time during the 9-5 lmao. Really great to hear from yall

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Speak for yourself fatso!

Yes pls!
    You need a nice marble countertop dude.. I know just the dude to sell you one!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. No worries I’ll send them.

What are seeds selling for these days?

:love-m3j:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oh damn... I’m in the presence of old school tile setters? Like for real, diamond lath and thick bed mortar system tile setters? Like , float strips, hock and trowel type tile setters?!
    I knew you guys were cool...:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. It's true . . . . .I'm deep! :jump:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. There, fixed that for you! :laughing:

Yeah, I can still sling mud at 65 years old but it takes a week to recover from it. It's actually sad to see that the old school ways are getting lost to concrete backer board, foam and waterproof fabric over sheetrock systems.

I got into the trade relatively late at 31 years old but have been doing it for 35 years. I spent a couple of years in a stone slab shop from 09-2012 polishing edges and eventually becoming the sawyer. Hurt my back then got laid off and eventually found my way back into tile.

Also dabble in a little stone masonry along the way. Those guys are animals. Are you a tile guy @JMcGD ?

• Like Like x 6
  8. I don’t set tile anymore, but I did for nearly 25 years from 87-2012 or so. Started right out of high school as a helper ( mixing mud, roughing in, and grouting) but the shop I worked for helped me buy a saw and made me a setter within a couple of years. San Diego was just exploding back then and we did piles of track homes, all piece work so I was making 200-500 $ a day and setting lots of tile and even more marble and limestone. At one point I was working on Cindy Crawford’s home and Dr Suess at the same time. Really cool projects!
    But I gave it all up. I moved to MT in 97 and never looked back. Set tile for awhile here but for out in ‘08 and started a concrete countertop business. I’ve been crushing that up until lately, letting my cannabis provider business get some traction. Last year we opened our first retail dispensary location with great success and now are focused solely on that. The concrete studio is being transformed into “ Flower rooms E and F”:jump:
    So it’s all in on legal cannabis, my state just went rec. Assuming our governor doesn’t hobble the new law I’m planning on going deep.
    Know anyone interested in buying into a thriving concrete countertop business?;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Tile guy's who grow organic cannabis...did we just become best friends? I am a newbie compared to you guys but I've been going strong for 5 years now. Some days I love it but other days I can't wait to put the tools down. Schluter systems are behind 90% of my showers...for the most part I love them but I don't have much to compare to. I would love to share a picture of my current shower remodel...I will warn you this is not my work, my landlord insisted to use his handyman even after telling him I do tile every day. I apologize in advance if you have recently eaten...its worse than it looks too. No waterproofing, lippage everywhere, no back butter, maybe 10% coverage, he has some of his cuts in the field for no reason, and after he installed the acrylic base 1/2" out of level he didn't bother leveling up his first row...just tried to make it work! Oh and my price for labour was free just to avoid this from happening lol. If anyone needs a laugh here ya go! 20210126_165542.jpg 20210126_164302.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ha! Yeah... that’s ugly.
    I wish I had those new cool spacers back in the day! For me it was thick bed mortar systems, back buttering, and level work from piece to piece. but you could slide a quarter across my floors and not skip a beat!

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's funny, I got my start in the Lake Elsinore, Canyon Lake, Temecula area. We'd occasionally venture south to Fallbrook, Poway and a few other cities between you and me on I-15.

I moved to Bend Oregon in '89 and rode the boom there for 15 years before moving to SW Washington.

I've been bloviating about learning to do concrete countertops but never put my money where my mouth is/was lol.

When I was learning tile in California, every countertop was mud set so I figured I had a head start with the skill set to do concrete counters.

:eek2:

I get a kick out of the big box stores giving clinics to DIY'ers on how to do tile. I've even torn out shower receptors that were "waterproofed" with a blue tarp :lmafoe:

Good to meet another tile guy here at GC @CanadianEh !

• Like Like x 3
  12. Learned a new word today. Looked it up and used it in a sentence.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Well damn dude! That’s crazy small world shiz right there. I spent most of 88-89 working all over that area, Temecula in particular. I remember watching them build the Mall next to the 15 that has the multicolored roofing tiles on it ( if it’s still there).
    Mud float kitchens... cap strip, deck mud... good times.
    Here’s some concrete kitchens! Sorry OP, one more and I’ll stop high jacking your thread! 290CC360-5956-448E-BA12-10E8A7F419B7.jpeg 7F4E5840-0F22-437F-B81D-29A2D8C7B382.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dude - you guys ever use soldered copper pans in the shower area prior to tiling?

j

• Like Like x 2
  15. Seeds are on the way.

I was gonna keep them but then I remembered what the buds looked like when you grew them.

:love-m3j:

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. All I saw was asphalt and tar paper “ hot mopped “ pans installed by a separate trade. Bombproof!

• Like Like x 4
  17. When I was in So Cal, hot mop pans were the standard but when I moved to Central Oregon, pans were almost exclusively roll out PVC liners. Oatey and Pasco were PVC and another popular one was Chloraloy which was CPE (chlorinated polyethylene) the latter of which I found to be a bitch to use in colder weather.

Lately I've been using a 2 part liquid liner called Ardex 8+9 which gains me a full day on pan installations.

I've torn out a couple of copper and lead pans from 50's-60's home remodels but really haven't seen one in new construction here in the PNW. I imagine it's a regional thing.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Lmfao omg

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Yeah, I haven’t seen any of the old school methods being used anywhere but CA years ago. All backer boards and pan liners up here ( or was)
    I wonder if they still do it like that down there or have sold out to the newer methods?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Why don't we have an angry face as a choice when rating a post?
    Perfect examples of why we need one..

@Chunk can you bring that up at the next board meeting?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1